Help for a dumb blonde pleeeeze!

Old Jun 24th 2007, 7:14 am
Just Joined

RSA to OZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help for a dumb blonde pleeeeze!

We are a family from South Africa currently residing in DXB. We are looking to relocate to Oz, according to our agent we have 125 points on a skilled visa for a diesel motor mechanic. My question or should I say problem is that DH has only completed 2/3 years of his Diesel Mechanic studies, he has been working for the past 8 years as a motor mech and we have letters etc to prove this, He also has a business diploma. Now will this affect his chances of getting in without the actual diploma for diesel motor mechanis? We have 2 children aged 12 and 19 months.

Any guidance would be appreciated... we are also looking at possiby getting a company to sponsor us, again how would we do this? We are in a bit of a rush to move as the Oz bug has bitten...

Anyone?
Old Jun 24th 2007, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

JillT will become famous soon enoughJillT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Help for a dumb blonde pleeeeze!

Hi!

I am a fellow South African, now living in Ireland and currently applying for a 457 visa. As far as I understand (check it out on the TRA website) 6 years experience is sufficient for a successful trade assessment. If it is not, it should be enough to get a temp visa and then apply for permanent residence once you are in position to do so. There are a few recruitment companies acting as labour contractors who will sponsor you. The one we are using are in Brisbane - have a look at www.workforcesolutions.com.au or at www.skilled.com.au

I am sure if your agent believes your trade assessment will be successful, they should be right.

There is a similar forum as this one for South Africans - www.saaustralia.org
Old Jun 24th 2007, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

JillT will become famous soon enoughJillT will become famous soon enough

Just read Alan Collett's thread about changes to TRA assessments - would affect you. Have a look at it (top of the page in the green section).
Old Jun 25th 2007, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Jag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really nice

Originally Posted by JillT
Just read Alan Collett's thread about changes to TRA assessments - would affect you. Have a look at it (top of the page in the green section).
Hi!

TRA requires minimum of 6 years experience for Motor Mechanics without any related qualifications. Since your hubby has 8 years experience, I dont see any problems with that.

About changes to TRA assessments in South Africa, assessment process could include:
• Self Assessment: a free self assessment tool for potential applicants to gauge their suitability for the assessment process.
• Paper based pre-assessment: An initial paper based pre-assessment that would take into account qualifications and work experience in the relevant trade.
• Practical Assessment: A technical interview and practical assessments.