help with aussie police checks pls

Old Aug 30th 2008, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

debbief444 will become famous soon enough
Question help with aussie police checks pls

hi folks
I was wondering if anybody could help me with a few questions about our aussie police clearence forms?
Hubby is hoping to get sponsored soon.
Does anybody know if we can apply for our aussie police checks before getting an offer of job sponsorship? I know it can take a while for them to come back, and we want to be ready to go with the application. (how desperate are we to get to aus!!!)
has anybody done this before? I know they are only valid for a certain time but that shouldnt be a problem

and about the form:
... we both spent a year backacking around oz, when they ask for residential details, surely they dont want the address of every hostel we stayed at???? Most of that year was a blur

they also ask for 'Visa application processing office', what would I fill in there?

thanks in advance for any help/info given
debs
Old Aug 31st 2008, 3:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help with aussie police checks pls

Originally Posted by debbief444
hi folks
I was wondering if anybody could help me with a few questions about our aussie police clearence forms?
Hubby is hoping to get sponsored soon.
Does anybody know if we can apply for our aussie police checks before getting an offer of job sponsorship? I know it can take a while for them to come back, and we want to be ready to go with the application. (how desperate are we to get to aus!!!)
has anybody done this before? I know they are only valid for a certain time but that shouldnt be a problem

and about the form:
... we both spent a year backacking around oz, when they ask for residential details, surely they dont want the address of every hostel we stayed at???? Most of that year was a blur

they also ask for 'Visa application processing office', what would I fill in there?

thanks in advance for any help/info given
debs
Yes you can get them before you have a job offer, they are valid for 12 months., and generally take about 5-6 weeks with postage turnaround for the UK. If your visa application drags out, just look at doing them again

If you don't know the exact addres, put something like "Backpackers hostel, Hobart" then at least they know where in Australia you were, and add a note that you can't remember precise details.

Processing office is wherever you application will be sent to eventually.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 6:50 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: help with aussie police checks pls

Pollyanna,
as always you are a star!
thank you so much for clarifying.

Im still unclear about the processing office, he is being interviewed for a job in Perth, so should I write Perth in this box? would it make a difference if he didnt get that job and then got one say in NSW? or is the processing office nothing to do with where he gets a job...Its so confusing (it doesnt take much to confuse me these days!)

thanks again for all your help, I really appreciate it
debs
Old Aug 31st 2008, 7:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbief444
Pollyanna,
as always you are a star!
thank you so much for clarifying.

Im still unclear about the processing office, he is being interviewed for a job in Perth, so should I write Perth in this box? would it make a difference if he didnt get that job and then got one say in NSW? or is the processing office nothing to do with where he gets a job...Its so confusing (it doesnt take much to confuse me these days!)

thanks again for all your help, I really appreciate it
debs
Processing office is generally ASPC Adelaide, though some now go to Brisbane. Is it a 457 you are going for?
Old Aug 31st 2008, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

yes, its a 457 visa
thanks again