Help! advice needed.

Old Jun 5th 2008, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Bushtucker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help! advice needed.

Can anyone give advice on the following scenario please?

We applied for a 176 visa in late Feb 08. We are currently going through issues with ex’s on permission for step daughters emigrating and allowing permission for medicals for my children. Which is an expensive exercise?

Anyhow I had a crazy thought the other day!

The long term plan is as follows but they are all assumptions

 Hopefully granted a visa.
 Validate visa ASAP after grant. (Give us approx 4/5 years to get out to OZ permanently)
 Move out permanently

If the above does come off circumstances could dictate it would be the back end of the 4/5 year time limit before we make the move permanent! (Long story)

If that is the case my step daughters would be approx 18 and 22 years of age and who knows at that stage of their lives what their circumstances are i.e. marriage, engagement, career and this may mean they wouldn’t then want to emigrate!

The question is would my wife, young child and myself be allowed to still emigrate if the original “family unit” for which the visa applies, are not ALL emigrating?

Other wise there will be little point in continuing with the rest of the visa process!

Comments would really be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:04 pm
Reg Migration Agent

chelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nice
Default Re: Help! advice needed.

Originally Posted by Bushtucker
Can anyone give advice on the following scenario please?

We applied for a 176 visa in late Feb 08. We are currently going through issues with ex’s on permission for step daughters emigrating and allowing permission for medicals for my children. Which is an expensive exercise?

Anyhow I had a crazy thought the other day!

The long term plan is as follows but they are all assumptions

 Hopefully granted a visa.
 Validate visa ASAP after grant. (Give us approx 4/5 years to get out to OZ permanently)
 Move out permanently

If the above does come off circumstances could dictate it would be the back end of the 4/5 year time limit before we make the move permanent! (Long story)

If that is the case my step daughters would be approx 18 and 22 years of age and who knows at that stage of their lives what their circumstances are i.e. marriage, engagement, career and this may mean they wouldn’t then want to emigrate!

The question is would my wife, young child and myself be allowed to still emigrate if the original “family unit” for which the visa applies, are not ALL emigrating?

Other wise there will be little point in continuing with the rest of the visa process!

Comments would really be appreciated.

Thanks
Yes, as long as you had validated your visa's and return to Australia prior to the date that your 'unlimited travel to Australia' expires (usually 5 years from the date of grant).

However, if your step-daughters do not return within the time allocated then their PR will expire and they would, if they eventually wished to migrate, have to apply on their own.

Kind regards

Cheryl
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Bushtucker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help! advice needed.

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for a prompt reply. You have cheered me up.

Thanks again