Help and advice gratefully received

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Dena Nisbet is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help???

Hi all.

My husband and I have been considering emigrating to Oz for the last 12 months and have now decided that we're ready to bite the bullet and start the ball rolling. Unfortunately, despite doing loads of research, we have discovered that the whole process is a potential mine field!

My husband (Tony, 31) is a plumber and I (Dena, 29) am a finance administrator. We have no children yet but plan to start a family in the very near future and hope to provide a better life for our future family in Australia.

We have approached a number of migration consultants/agencies and received various information packs, but simply don't know who to trust with our future, and don't feel confident about going it alone.

If anyone can give a recommendation or any information which they think we may find useful, we would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks.

Last edited by Dena Nisbet; Mar 2nd 2007 at 4:33 pm. Reason: to make thread more eye-catching
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 4:39 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help and advice gratefully received

Well the first thing you would need to do is get your husband's skills assessed by the TRA (Trades Recognition Australia)

If you are going to use an agent, the best thing to do is to do a search on this website as you'll see lots of people use them and you'll get a feel for who is most recommended. I didn't use one so can't help on that I'm afraid.

Good luck
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:13 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

we used visa-go.com
and found them excellent in everyway. however as clippies has said a lot of people have done it on their own - if you ask specific questions someone will usually get back to you. the immigartion forum is great for specific immigration related issues. the australian one for question about oz in general - the barbie is usually fun and chatty.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

FionaCarreMA has much to be proud ofFionaCarreMA has much to be proud ofFionaCarreMA has much to be proud ofFionaCarreMA has much to be proud ofFionaCarreMA has much to be proud ofFionaCarreMA has much to be proud ofFionaCarreMA has much to be proud ofFionaCarreMA has much to be proud ofFionaCarreMA has much to be proud ofFionaCarreMA has much to be proud ofFionaCarreMA has much to be proud of

Hi Dena,

Probably the best place to start would be to check whether you have enough points and are eligible to apply for a subclass 136 visa (Skilled- Independent). This is a permanent visa. Have a look at this website as a starting point: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../136/index.htm.

If not, there are a number of other options you could look into. Most agents are happy to give a free initial assessment to determine the most applicable visa for you to apply for.

Regards,

Fiona Carre
Registered Migration Agent
Gold Coast, Australia