help 886 Family SPONSORSHIP

Old Feb 14th 2011, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

dhama is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help 886 Family SPONSORSHIP

Hi All,
My friend would applying for 886 visa after Completing Masters in IT. He would be short of 5 Points as per new point System with effect from 1st Jul.
His Relative is ready to Sponsor him but both have Different Surname.
My question is
Is it possible that Immi dept would approve this with Different surnames
.Immi site says we need to prove through Birth Certificate , Family Register etc

what are the documents we need to show that he is close relative.

Any help would be Highly Appreciated
Old Feb 14th 2011, 6:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help 886 Family SPONSORSHIP

You seem to have answered your own question; birth certificates or other official records.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Should the surname Match exactly ? Thanks

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
You seem to have answered your own question; birth certificates or other official records.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

No. People in same family don't have the same name. I don't have the same surname as my sister as we are both married. And before I married I did not have same surname as my uncle as he is my mothers brother and I had my fathers surname.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your response. In that case how birth certificate going to prove that both are relatives.

Regards
Dhama

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
No. People in same family don't have the same name. I don't have the same surname as my sister as we are both married. And before I married I did not have same surname as my uncle as he is my mothers brother and I had my fathers surname.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:02 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dhama
Thanks for your response. In that case how birth certificate going to prove that both are relatives.

Regards
Dhama
As the DIAC site says you'll need to provide a family tree and the necessary birth and/or marriage certificates to prove that relationship.

For example I needed my fathers and uncles birth certs showing common parents to prove the family connection.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Regards
Dhama
If someone's name has changed as a result of marriage, then you need to provide a copy of the marriage certificate - to prove the name change from one name to another.

If someone's name has changed because they wanted to change it for some reason, then you provide a copy of the Deed Poll.

There should be an official paper trail for all name changes.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Regards
Dhama
Well I would prove my sister is my sister by providing both of our birth certificates that prove we have the same parents for example.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you

Originally Posted by NickyC
If someone's name has changed as a result of marriage, then you need to provide a copy of the marriage certificate - to prove the name change from one name to another.

If someone's name has changed because they wanted to change it for some reason, then you provide a copy of the Deed Poll.

There should be an official paper trail for all name changes.