HELP!!!

Old Feb 24th 2010, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Howden is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP!!!

HELP!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
A few years back i looked into emigrating to australia, and having looked into it again recently realise things have changed quite alot.
I was wondering if anyone had any advice on a few things.
I know the process has recently changed regarding the MODL list etc.
I'm a plumber, and been working as one for 8 years, i have my ACS gas certificate, unvented hot water card, water regulations card, NVQ modern apprentiship, NVQ 3 theory and practical certificates. I just wondered if anyone knew what the Vetessass assessments are like, and, how specific they are, or arent!
I'm just trying to get a feel to see how difficult they may be. I've got a few friends in Australia who are working in trades and they say that although plumbing is different out there, their is alot similar.
Also if anyone has been successful on the assessments, whats the best way to approach them, and is there any qualifications that can help, like L.P.G certificates, or air con and things like that.
I'm trying to prepare myself as best i can for when i decide to go ahead, which will hopefully be in the next 6 months.
I'm also looking at migration agents, does anyone recommend one, or know of any with good reputations i can maybe get in touch with.
Any advice at all will be greatly appreciated
Old Feb 24th 2010, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

ukjoiner will become famous soon enough
Default Re: HELP!!!

Originally Posted by Howden
HELP!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
A few years back i looked into emigrating to australia, and having looked into it again recently realise things have changed quite alot.
I was wondering if anyone had any advice on a few things.
I know the process has recently changed regarding the MODL list etc.
I'm a plumber, and been working as one for 8 years, i have my ACS gas certificate, unvented hot water card, water regulations card, NVQ modern apprentiship, NVQ 3 theory and practical certificates. I just wondered if anyone knew what the Vetessass assessments are like, and, how specific they are, or arent!
I'm just trying to get a feel to see how difficult they may be. I've got a few friends in Australia who are working in trades and they say that although plumbing is different out there, their is alot similar.
Also if anyone has been successful on the assessments, whats the best way to approach them, and is there any qualifications that can help, like L.P.G certificates, or air con and things like that.
I'm trying to prepare myself as best i can for when i decide to go ahead, which will hopefully be in the next 6 months.
I'm also looking at migration agents, does anyone recommend one, or know of any with good reputations i can maybe get in touch with.
Any advice at all will be greatly appreciated
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=119

Try the abroad by profession part of the forum. There is a plumbers one.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

imranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond repute

Go to some Registered MARA Agent nearest to your location.
https://www.mara.gov.au/
Old Feb 25th 2010, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Howden is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, really appreciate the help.