Help !!!

Old May 6th 2008, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

nicci 1 uk to Oz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help !!!

Hi, Nicci plus 1 from UK to Oz.. Not started process yet as been told im not able to get in on a skilled visa. Im a PA with the NHS and desperate to move out to Oz with my son in July time next year. Is there another type of visa available, im so confused with all the different ones available. Any advice is appreciated.

My biggest concern in travelling as a tourist and then hopefully finding an employer to sponsor me is being able to get my son into the state education system, again any advice is very much appreciated.

Many thanks for your help and advice in advance.

Nicci
Old May 6th 2008, 3:42 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help !!!

Welcome to BE!

Sorry not an expert on visa types but hopefully someone will post soon with some answers
Old May 6th 2008, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicci 1 uk to Oz
Hi, Nicci plus 1 from UK to Oz.. Not started process yet as been told im not able to get in on a skilled visa. Im a PA with the NHS and desperate to move out to Oz with my son in July time next year. Is there another type of visa available, im so confused with all the different ones available. Any advice is appreciated.

My biggest concern in travelling as a tourist and then hopefully finding an employer to sponsor me is being able to get my son into the state education system, again any advice is very much appreciated.

Nicci
Hi Nicci
I am not an expert in migration but are aware that the one route most Brits used so far to get into OZ through migration has now been closed (if temp only): which is pathway D, where you just list your training and get someone to verify them. They now want recognised training certificates.

Anyway, it would save you a lot of hassle to get a sponsorship from a company. You don't need to be there in OZ to do this. Try writing to companies, both those OZ companies in UK and those in OZ.
Apply and see what you get.

I am not sure why putting your son into state school is a concern, maybe I am missing something here. I heard both from OZ colleagues and people who've been there, expats, a lot of good things about state schools.

It all depends where of course.

Whatever happens, don't despair. Keep sending applications to companies and like us, you might get a positive answer.

Good luck
Old May 6th 2008, 7:25 pm
M8M
Forum Regular

M8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the rough

Nicci
Hi nicci... take a look at www.gnjobs.com.au options options Good Luck!!
Old May 12th 2008, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all for your replies, it has been helpful.

The school concern is that im worried I wont be able to get my son into school until I get a sponsor... worrying about timescales, if I have to go out on a tourist visa....

Will endeavour to get there anyhow, anyway.

Just been to Perth for a month with ffriends who emigrated last June and to those of you on their way soon... its fantastic out there... have a safe journey and prepare yourself to be blown away...

Nicci and son Mac
Old May 12th 2008, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Nicci
You need to speak to an agent. Could well be you're barking up the worng tree and need to retrain. Think your time frame could be a bit too short
Old May 13th 2008, 1:43 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for your replies, it has been helpful.

The school concern is that im worried I wont be able to get my son into school until I get a sponsor... worrying about timescales, if I have to go out on a tourist visa....
Maybe not what you want to hear, but really you should't try to migrate as a tourist. You will generally end up just having to come home.

PA is not a skilled occupation and again sorry if this isn't what you're hoping for but I cannot see any basis to use this for skilled migration.
Old May 13th 2008, 1:44 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Syedney
Hi Nicci
I am not an expert in migration but are aware that the one route most Brits used so far to get into OZ through migration has now been closed (if temp only): which is pathway D, where you just list your training and get someone to verify them. They now want recognised training certificates.
That only applies to trades occupations, not anything else.
Old May 13th 2008, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Nicci
I remember reading about some states in Australia employing Physician Assistant from the USA or maybe it was the UK or both as a trial. I can't remember where, when or how i came across it but if you do a search with google you might come up with the paper.

There might be articles linking to it from wikipedia's reference page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physici...tant#Australia
Old May 13th 2008, 2:50 am
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by looky
I remember reading about some states in Australia employing Physician Assistant from the USA or maybe it was the UK or both as a trial. I can't remember where, when or how i came across it but if you do a search with google you might come up with the paper.

There might be articles linking to it from wikipedia's reference page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physici...tant#Australia
A clarification is important as it could just as easily be this kind of PA:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_assistant
Old May 13th 2008, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by looky

many thanks for your advice, its well worth a look. cheers Nicci
Old May 13th 2008, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by M8M
Hi nicci... take a look at www.gnjobs.com.au options options Good Luck!!
Thanks, think im gonna need it reading the two replies before yours... Im not gonna be disheartened. My best friend did this last year and is loving it and a year into her spell to become a citizen... There is a god after all.... lol