HELP

Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

debbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to behold
Default HELP

hi all
i dont know if anyone can answer this for me but i hope so..

basicaly i am a nurse OH a fitter we have been chuntering on about making the move for about a year now (god how time flies)

we were going on OH skills as he had more work experience but no quals and then they removed pathway D..so we decided to go on mine i now have 2 years under my belt but when i was 17 i eloped with a brunian married him under islamiclaw stayed 6 years and came home after a NASTY fight to leave.... i have since managed to track down my dicorce cert (or there version of one) and after getting it translated it was sufficient for english law to let me remarry (marriage cert says previeous marraige dissolved)

but will the Aust gov accept that or will they need to see my marraige cert!

i am losing sleep over this as i could have started this process already but i darent until i know it would be ok

soory it is a long post

very stressed out SA wannabe

debbie
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP

If it's been accepted by British Law I see no reason why Aussie Law would reject it. However, I have no legal training and I would advise getting professional advice to put your mind at rest. It may cost you some money for the advice but for peace of mind, it would be money well spent.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:55 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbieuk
hi all
i dont know if anyone can answer this for me but i hope so..

basicaly i am a nurse OH a fitter we have been chuntering on about making the move for about a year now (god how time flies)

we were going on OH skills as he had more work experience but no quals and then they removed pathway D..so we decided to go on mine i now have 2 years under my belt but when i was 17 i eloped with a brunian married him under islamiclaw stayed 6 years and came home after a NASTY fight to leave.... i have since managed to track down my dicorce cert (or there version of one) and after getting it translated it was sufficient for english law to let me remarry (marriage cert says previeous marraige dissolved)

but will the Aust gov accept that or will they need to see my marraige cert!

i am losing sleep over this as i could have started this process already but i darent until i know it would be ok

soory it is a long post

very stressed out SA wannabe

debbie

Don't know about overseas but i do know that i didnt have to show my previous marriage cert which was pretty good as the court kept it when i recieved my decree absolute! (this i did have to show though or a certified copy of!)
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

debbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to behold

thank you both so much for your replies...i am so stressed that a stupid thing you did at 17 can come back and bite you 20 yrs (did i say 20!!!!)later.

we wanted to do the visa ourselves as apart from that we are straight forward but one agent said he had us by the short and curlies

hopefully alan and ian may see this and take pity

p.s the agent in question was neither of these

debbie
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

where are you ian and alan..dont want to lose my short n curlies

debbie
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Just get your application in, then worry about providing a marriage certificate if/when they ask for it. You'll be kicking yourself if they suddenly changed the MODL list and you couldn't apply.

I'm with Moneypen, chances are they will be just fine with what you have already. If the UK accepted it, then I can't see why Australia wouldn't.

I've sent you some good luck Karma
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

cheers wendy

i will get that in asap

debbie