HELP 457 visa REQUIRMENTS

Old May 12th 2008, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice
Red face HELP 457 visa REQUIRMENTS

HI I have a Sponsor in Place but we have problems defining my Skills for Assessment.I work with Aluminium Windows,Doors Shopfronts etc.The Company Sponsoring me are in the business.I have to nominate a skill base the closest Skill Base is Joiner but Vetassess only assess in Timber.Does any one out there work in the same industry have any suggestions for a Skill base.
Old May 12th 2008, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

viksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant future
Default Re: HELP 457 visa REQUIRMENTS

Hi

See if you can pick a catagroy from these jobs that are in demand (more points may be awarded if your job is in demand which i believe it is)

Here you go:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-in-demand.htm

You may be able to fit into the 'fitter' catagory (ASCO CODE 4112-11

Hope this helps

Vik
Old May 12th 2008, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice

Originally Posted by viksta1000
Hi

See if you can pick a catagroy from these jobs that are in demand (more points may be awarded if your job is in demand which i believe it is)

Here you go:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-in-demand.htm

You may be able to fit into the 'fitter' catagory (ASCO CODE 4112-11

Hope this helps

Vik
Hi Vik
Already tried these job descriptions nothing yet suits

thanks nevsy
Old May 13th 2008, 1:56 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nevsy
Hi Vik
Already tried these job descriptions nothing yet suits

thanks nevsy
Get professional assistance from an agent who deals with trade skills (be prepared to pay). Try George Lombard in Sydney.
Old May 13th 2008, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers will try to contact him is he on the net
Old May 13th 2008, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold

Hi...it's a long shot, but you sound like you might be in simular trade to my OH...do you come under the flat glass tradesperson????? (4982-11)

I usually get this wrong, but we are going in on a 457 sponsor visa, and therefore DO NOT require a skills assessment, are you sure you've got the right visa,cos I'm pretty sure if you have a sponsor you don't require the skills assessment????

PLEASE someone tell him if I've got it wrong.......again.
Old May 13th 2008, 5:45 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

Originally Posted by winedonju
Hi...it's a long shot, but you sound like you might be in simular trade to my OH...do you come under the flat glass tradesperson????? (4982-11)

I usually get this wrong, but we are going in on a 457 sponsor visa, and therefore DO NOT require a skills assessment, are you sure you've got the right visa,cos I'm pretty sure if you have a sponsor you don't require the skills assessment????

no you havent got it wrong, you dont need a skills assesment on a 457 but you will need a skill assesment if you go for PR visa on a ENS .

michell
Old May 13th 2008, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by michell
no you havent got it wrong, you dont need a skills assesment on a 457 but you will need a skill assesment if you go for PR visa on a ENS .

michell
Hi Michell,

But you can still go for PR after doing 2 years on a temp 457 without getting your skills assessed??? From what we have been told (or led to believe) is that after serving 2 years on the 457 we can apply for PR, as it stands at the moment we cannot get Skills assessed as pathway D is on hold (OH has no formal quals just 25 years experience). Do you know if this is correct??
Old May 13th 2008, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

In a way I do fall under flat glass trades person but the job offered is a supervisory one could I nominate it and still operate as a supervisor.The job is not in a regional area so no concessions will be given and a skills assessment is required
Old May 13th 2008, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

michell
AS my sponsor is not in a region I will need to take a skills assessment still confused cos I am:confuse d:
Old May 13th 2008, 6:07 pm

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

Hi Michell,

But you can still go for PR after doing 2 years on a temp 457 without getting your skills assessed??? From what we have been told (or led to believe) is that after serving 2 years on the 457 we can apply for PR, as it stands at the moment we cannot get Skills assessed as pathway D is on hold (OH has no formal quals just 25 years experience). Do you know if this is correct??
Yes this is correct, but if you went for PR before the 2yrs but after a minimum of 12mths you need to have your skills assesed, our company have agreed they will do the ENS for us after 12mths if we want to do, but before the 2 yrs is up. My hubby is a fire alarm tech and his job is not on the list but when we get there the comapny is going to get him his electrical lisence sorted , we are going to wait and see how we feel after the 12mths to see if the company think he will pass the skills assesment if they feel that hubby will then we will go for it then , if not or the visa's change e.g they bring in something to replace pathway d then we will see what we decide then.

michell
Old May 13th 2008, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes this is correct, but if you went for PR before the 2yrs but after a minimum of 12mths you need to have your skills assesed, our company have agreed they will do the ENS for us after 12mths if we want to do, but before the 2 yrs is up. My hubby is a fire alarm tech and his job is not on the list but when we get there the comapny is going to get him his electrical lisence sorted , we are going to wait and see how we feel after the 12mths to see if the company think he will pass the skills assesment if they feel that hubby will then we will go for it then , if not or the visa's change e.g they bring in something to replace pathway d then we will see what we decide then.

michell
pheeeew, thought we had been given wrong advice, but seems not. We are in simular position, at worst we wait 2 years then apply for PR, if something comes up before then with regards pathway D, we will go for whichever gives us the PR soonest. When did you get sponsor, when you going???
Old May 13th 2008, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by nevsy
AS my sponsor is not in a region I will need to take a skills assessment still confused cos I am:confuse d:
now you have got me, my understanding is that the company have to be in a particular postcode(area) to sponsor you if they are not then they cannot sponsor anybody.

michell
Old May 13th 2008, 6:16 pm

pheeeew, thought we had been given wrong advice, but seems not. We are in simular position, at worst we wait 2 years then apply for PR, if something comes up before then with regards pathway D, we will go for whichever gives us the PR soonest. When did you get sponsor, when you going???
We got verball job offer in april, got firm written job offer last week and the t&c for the employment, they are hoping it will be all done in 8 weeks or so, luckily the company have put down ,commencement of employment as TBA (to be arranged) so we have no definate time we have to be there which is lucky really as we are selling the house. We are going to sydney by the way how about you?

michell
Old May 13th 2008, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

now you have got me, my understanding is that the company have to be in a particular postcode(area) to sponsor you if they are not then they cannot sponsor anybody.

michell
No I think your might be mistaken any company can sponsor so long as they are legally operating for more than 2 yrs employ more than 10 people and register for sponsorship and pass the DIAC checks.

But then again I could be wrong

Just hope some one can nominate my skill base as I getting really frustrated

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.