Help???

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Dena Nisbet is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help???

Hi all.

My husband and I have been considering emigrating to Oz for the last 12 months and have now decided that we're ready to bite the bullet and start the ball rolling. Unfortunately, despite doing loads of research, we have discovered that the whole process is a potential mine field!

My husband (Tony, 31) is a plumber and I (Dena, 29) am a finance administrator. We have no children yet but plan to start a family in the very near future and hope to provide a better life for our future family in Australia.

We have approached a number of migration consultants/agencies and received various information packs, but simply don't know who to trust with our future, and don't feel confident about going it alone.

If anyone can give a recommendation or any information which they think we may find useful, we would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks.

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 4:52 pm
done and dusted

maverik1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help???

go matilda always get good reviews on here
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

ozdreamer will become famous soon enoughozdreamer will become famous soon enough

Hi, we are using George Lombard, can recommend him highly, he really knows his stuff and will be honest with you.

He is a regular on here and his website is www.austimmigration.com

Amanda
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

liamcnaught has a spectacular aura aboutliamcnaught has a spectacular aura aboutliamcnaught has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Dena Nisbet
Hi all.

My husband and I have been considering emigrating to Oz for the last 12 months and have now decided that we're ready to bite the bullet and start the ball rolling. Unfortunately, despite doing loads of research, we have discovered that the whole process is a potential mine field!

My husband (Tony, 31) is a plumber and I (Dena, 29) am a finance administrator. We have no children yet but plan to start a family in the very near future and hope to provide a better life for our future family in Australia.

We have approached a number of migration consultants/agencies and received various information packs, but simply don't know who to trust with our future, and don't feel confident about going it alone.

If anyone can give a recommendation or any information which they think we may find useful, we would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks.

We were recommended The Visa Bureau and they have been fantastic. Our migration case worker is Athena Capper and has helped us every step of the way. She guides us through forms and has the experience to know how to complete all relevant applications. Have you contacted them?

Lia

The Visa Bureau

15 Harwood Road
Fulham
SW6 4QP
United Kingdom
{Map Location (streetmap.co.uk)

Direct Line: +44 (0)207 731 9034
Tel: +44 (0)207 731 9000
Fax: +44 (0)207 731 9001
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Hi all.

Many thanks.

Hello and welcome to the site. We used www.1stchoice.co.uk they were very supportive and offered great advice. We initially chose them because at the time it was a "No Visa, No Fee" service. I do not know if the same still applies, but it is worth a phone call as they will just point you in the right direction to start with.
Have you also had a look at www.immi.gov.au you will find some useful information on this site. Good luck.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by liamcnaught
We were recommended The Visa Bureau and they have been fantastic. Our migration case worker is Athena Capper and has helped us every step of the way. She guides us through forms and has the experience to know how to complete all relevant applications. Have you contacted them?

Lia

The Visa Bureau

15 Harwood Road
Fulham
SW6 4QP
United Kingdom
{Map Location (streetmap.co.uk)

Direct Line: +44 (0)207 731 9034
Tel: +44 (0)207 731 9000
Fax: +44 (0)207 731 9001
The Visa Bureau is one of the agencies we've contacted, but thanks for the recommendation. It's helpful to know someone is using them and finding them helpful.

Thanks

Dena
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by maverik1979
go matilda always get good reviews on here
Go Matilda seem to be one of the most recommended agencies from the information we've received, so they're definately on the shortlist.

Thank you for your help.

Dena
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Hello and welcome to the site. We used www.1stchoice.co.uk they were very supportive and offered great advice. We initially chose them because at the time it was a "No Visa, No Fee" service. I do not know if the same still applies, but it is worth a phone call as they will just point you in the right direction to start with.
Have you also had a look at www.immi.gov.au you will find some useful information on this site. Good luck.
Thank you for your advice. Will definatley look into this further.

Dena
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ozdreamer
Hi, we are using George Lombard, can recommend him highly, he really knows his stuff and will be honest with you.

He is a regular on here and his website is www.austimmigration.com

Amanda
Thank you for your recommendation. George Lombard is on our shortlist.

Dena
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

bagspacked will become famous soon enoughbagspacked will become famous soon enough

Try calling visafirst.com They also have no visa no fee and gave me a set price from the beginning.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

sunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nice

Have you checked the points system and chosen the type of visa you intend applying for ?
All relevant info on immi.gov.au

SB
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Thank you for your advice. Will definatley look into this further.

Dena
No problem.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sunburn
Have you checked the points system and chosen the type of visa you intend applying for ?
All relevant info on immi.gov.au

SB
Yes, we have checked the points system and score 130 points. We are thinking of applying for a skilled occupation visa, or an employer sponsored visa if we can find an employer to sponsor us.

Dena
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 2:43 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

If you can get 120 points definitely apply for a 136, then you have none of the restrictions of an employer sponsored visa.

If you've read the DIAC website, you might decide not to use an agent but to do it yourself.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 3:04 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Me and my Wife have used VISA-GO, They are superb really easy to get in touch with, And quick to reply back to questions.
The good thing is they are a small company so you are dealing with the same people all the time.
Regards
Gary and Vikky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.