help

Old Mar 6th 2005, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

tezzzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help

Is there anyone out there that can help us? we are absolutely inundated with information from the immigration service at new zealand and because of the massive amounts of information, we are finding it difficult to get simple answers to our questions.

Myself and my partner have relatives in new zealand who have offered to put us up permanently, and are now in the process of wishing to move to new zealand. If theres anyone out there that can help, we would like answers to the following:

If you go to new zealand for a long term holiday, hoping to get everything sorted out there, do we need a return flight ticket, and how long are you able to stay there without a work permit or visa?
Is it possible to sort work permits and visas out if you have taken the plunge and already arrived in new zealand?

Any help would be appreciated on this subject, the net, tho wonderful, is so full of information, unless we were prepared to prop our eyelids open with matchsticks and search through things, hour after hour, its impossible to get answers to our questions we are findin. we would also like to mention that we are both over the age of 30.

Thanks

Martin
Old Mar 6th 2005, 1:25 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help

Originally Posted by tezzzz
Is there anyone out there that can help us? we are absolutely inundated with information from the immigration service at new zealand and because of the massive amounts of information, we are finding it difficult to get simple answers to our questions.

Myself and my partner have relatives in new zealand who have offered to put us up permanently, and are now in the process of wishing to move to new zealand. If theres anyone out there that can help, we would like answers to the following:

If you go to new zealand for a long term holiday, hoping to get everything sorted out there, do we need a return flight ticket, and how long are you able to stay there without a work permit or visa?
Is it possible to sort work permits and visas out if you have taken the plunge and already arrived in new zealand?
1. Don't try to absorb all the information too quickly.

2. It's generally a good idea to sort out your migration visa *before* you leave the UK, otherwise there is a high risk you will have to return from NZ minus your savings and dreams.

3. If you want to migrate to NZ, you need to have certain skills. Family relationships can help in a skilled migration application, but are unlikely to get you in just on their own. Look at the information on http://www.immigration.govt.nz on both Skilled and Family category migration.

Jeremy