Help

Old Aug 5th 2004, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Jennie will become famous soon enough
Default Help

We have had our TRA back approved so we can now start putting together our Skilled Independant Vise for my husband who is a Painter and Decorator, he has got the 120 points as we would like to go to Perth. How do you manage to get the $100 dollars for the investment as we would need to do this, unless of course the points went down soon, any chance of this happening ?

Also I get panic attacks since son was born 4 years ago on and off and on a low dose of antidepressants, so hope this would not effect things.

We are thinking of using an agent Concept Australia as they seem quite reasonable and have seen some good things on the site but does anyone know the success rate as I feel doing it myself might seem a little daunting even though we did the TRA oursleves, but feel the visa side is more important to get right, also how long are applicationgs taking at present for skilled Independant.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jenn
Old Aug 5th 2004, 10:08 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help

Originally posted by Jennie
We have had our TRA back approved so we can now start putting together our Skilled Independant Vise for my husband who is a Painter and Decorator, he has got the 120 points as we would like to go to Perth. How do you manage to get the $100 dollars for the investment as we would need to do this, unless of course the points went down soon, any chance of this happening ?

Also I get panic attacks since son was born 4 years ago on and off and on a low dose of antidepressants, so hope this would not effect things.

We are thinking of using an agent Concept Australia as they seem quite reasonable and have seen some good things on the site but does anyone know the success rate as I feel doing it myself might seem a little daunting even though we did the TRA oursleves, but feel the visa side is more important to get right, also how long are applicationgs taking at present for skilled Independant.

Thanks

Jenn
Jenn I've sent you a pm hope it helps you.

Sasha
Old Aug 5th 2004, 10:09 am
Snappy

> We have had our TRA back
approved so we can now start putting together our Skilled Independant
Vise for my husband who is a Painter and Decorator, he has got the 120
points as we would like to go to Perth. How do you manage to get the
$100 dollars for the investment as we would need to do this, unless of
course the points went down soon, any chance of this happening ?
    >
Also I get panic attacks since son was born 4 years ago on and off and
on a low dose of antidepressants, so hope this would not effect things.

>
    > We are thinking of using an agent Concept Australia as they seem
quite reasonable and have seen some good things on the site but does
anyone know the success rate as I feel doing it myself might seem a
little daunting even though we did the TRA oursleves, but feel the visa
side is more important to get right, also how long are applicationgs
taking at present for skilled Independant.
    >
    > Any help would be
appreciated.
    >
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jenn

Jenn I've sent you a
pm hope it helps you.

Sasha :)

--
Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 5th 2004, 10:19 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

Thanks

Jenn
We have used an agent for the same reason as your considering using one. In hindsight now that our application is in and being processed I am glad we did use an agent, takes a lot of the stress out of it. Sites like this help but having the comfort that somebody in the knowing is checkjing your application and putting it all together prior to lodging it is nice.

Can't help on you medical question, although I think the medical forms do ask if you are on any medication at present and if so what.

Don't think anyone will be able to provide details on how long your skilled ind application will take to process. Changes were made to the application process on 1st July 2004 to hopefully speed up the process, however, until the applications that were lodged early in July start getting accepted or declined no one really has any idea how quickly they will take to process. My agent thinks that it will still take around 6 months to process from when you lodge the application but it may be shorter or longer.

Keep an eye on the following website, where people record the stages of there application. This will give you an idea as to how long applications are taking. www.austimeline.com.

Good luck whatever route you choose. Getting a visa for Oz sometimes seems like it's never going to happen but good things always come to those who wait (or at least I hope so).
Old Aug 5th 2004, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

Hi there - PM'd you
Jayne
Old Aug 5th 2004, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Jennie will become famous soon enough

[Sorry what does PM'd you mean

jenn
Old Aug 5th 2004, 4:11 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

[Sorry what does PM'd you mean

jenn
If you click on "My Forum" at the top you will be taken to an Inbox and should have some messages in there!