Help

Old Mar 29th 2004, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

Davidjames1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help

Immigration

Hello All

Judging by the inital site there are numerous immigration lawers and experts to answer any query. Firstly I am considering working in Australia Perth, I am a Registered General Nurse with plenty of experience and I have another profession Graduate Podiatrist with post grad quals too!. I am 36, British, no criminal record, Fit. My girlfriend (34) wants to come with me she's an Irish Citizen and a Hairstylist and she's very fit. Currently we live apart (She's still in Ireland) and we travel to each other. Neither have any kids. Can she come on my Visa? Is hairstyling a skilled profession?
Can she come on my Visa (if I am eligable?) Can anyone help??
Do i ahve to marry her??

Help

David

Wales
Old Mar 29th 2004, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Help

Originally posted by Davidjames1234
Immigration

Hello All

Judging by the inital site there are numerous immigration lawers and experts to answer any query. Firstly I am considering working in Australia Perth, I am a Registered General Nurse with plenty of experience and I have another profession Graduate Podiatrist with post grad quals too!. I am 36, British, no criminal record, Fit. My girlfriend (34) wants to come with me she's an Irish Citizen and a Hairstylist and she's very fit. Currently we live apart (She's still in Ireland) and we travel to each other. Neither have any kids. Can she come on my Visa? Is hairstyling a skilled profession?
Do i ahve to marry her??

Help

David

Wales
How dare you??? Is hairstyling a skilled profession?? INDEED. I'll have you know us hairdressers are extremely skilled AND in fact are not only 60 points but are on the australian high demand list. My husband found your comments very amusing he also has received a clip round the ear.

I am neither a lawyer or expert on visas but as I believe you either have to be married or actually living together. You both have a very good chance of getting in with your SKILLS but I don't think on the same visa. If I'm wrong someone will soon tell you.

If you show your girlfriend your posting she may change her mind and not come with you anyway!!!!! LOL!!

Good luck

Linz
Old Mar 29th 2004, 6:23 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Immigration

Hello All

Do i ahve to marry her??

Help

David

Wales

If your girlfriend is a skilled hairdresser, please, please, please bring her to Perth with you!!!!!!!! I have just spent 4 years in Northern Germany - absolutely no good hairdressers here - and need to know there are going to be good hairdressers in Perth. She will already have at least 1 customer waiting for her when she comes

Mairi
Old Mar 29th 2004, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

sunsh is an unknown quantity at this point

David,

It is possible to have your girlfriend on your application if you can prove the continuity of your relationship (for 2 years I think, I am not sure about the time). Normally that would mean providing a number of documents like your phone call bills, tickets where you travelled together, any bills that are in your and your girlfriend's name, joint bank account etc. There are a number of threads on this site that provide more info on this.

I am sure hairstylist is also on SOL and your girlfriend can also apply for immigration based on her skills and can include you in the application as her partner. Before you make a decision who should be the main applicant, research more and find out which of you can pass the skill assessment more easily.

Good news for you is that since you are a nurse, you will be processed faster if you satisfy all DIMIA requirements.

Cheers,
Sunsh
Old Mar 29th 2004, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

Davidjames1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Immigration

Hello All

Do i ahve to marry her??

Help

David

Wales

OOp's i won't tell her if you don't.

Thanks very much appreciated. i think with my quals we'll go on my application. Hell maybe i'll just marry her and save the paperwork!!

Dave

Ever been to Wales??
Old Mar 29th 2004, 7:34 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Ever been to Wales??
Yes it rains more there than Manchester