Hello

Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:16 am
Just Joined

baxter123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello

Hello,

I am new to this forum and looking for advice. I have looked through previous posts and cant seem to find an answer for my circumstances.

I am 34 years old, male and work as a London cabbie. I have been doing this for 11 years and enjoy it.

However I havea wife and 1 year old and we have been talking increasingly about moving to Oz.

Whilst we enjoy life in the UK, we recognise that its not the best place to raise a child, especially London.

The state schools are pretty grim as no doubt some of you know.

We are fortunate in that we have paid off the house and I have recently inherited about 600 000 pounds from my late fathers estate.

We could sell up and move over to Australia with enough for a nice house in somewhere like Perth and put some money in the bank.

Problem is apart from 9 GCSE'S all I can do at the moment is drive a cab in london.

Can I attend college in say Perth and learn a trade, like electrician. I am happy to pay any course fees.

Am I too old?

I am also worried about the way the UK is heading, I think there are going to be serious problems within the next 10 years or so due to increased muslim immigration and birth rate etc.

From what I can gather Australia doesn have any where near the same level of problems in this regard as the Uk does, am I right on this?

Whats the quickest one can proceed with this process?

Many Thanks,

Peter
Old Apr 29th 2008, 11:07 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hello

Hi Peter Welcome to BE!

Sorry can't answer all of your questions but no you are not too old at 34!
You can't apply for a permanent resident visa unless you have an occupation on the SOL. What is you wifes occupation?
If you have a read thru the www.immi.gov.au site most questions regarding what type of visa you qualify for it on there.
Hopefully someone else will post soon with more info for you regarding what visa you could apply for.

We too are hoping to move to Perth for a better life for our 3 kids but the house selling is proving to be a nightmare :curse:

Goodluck
Old Apr 29th 2008, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Peter!!!

Welcome to BE..

I'm not 100% sure, but think you can apply for a student visa.....

you want to do as tawkins has suggested and look at www.immi.gov.au site, am sure you will find out loads of info on student visa's....

Good Luck!!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

Hi and welcome to BE. Sorry but i can't answer you questions but I am sure someone will very soon.

Just wanted to wish you all the very best of luck.

Kind regards Lou xxxx
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baxter123
Hello,

I am new to this forum and looking for advice. I have looked through previous posts and cant seem to find an answer for my circumstances.

I am 34 years old, male and work as a London cabbie. I have been doing this for 11 years and enjoy it.

However I havea wife and 1 year old and we have been talking increasingly about moving to Oz.

Whilst we enjoy life in the UK, we recognise that its not the best place to raise a child, especially London.

The state schools are pretty grim as no doubt some of you know.

We are fortunate in that we have paid off the house and I have recently inherited about 600 000 pounds from my late fathers estate.

We could sell up and move over to Australia with enough for a nice house in somewhere like Perth and put some money in the bank.

Problem is apart from 9 GCSE'S all I can do at the moment is drive a cab in london.

Can I attend college in say Perth and learn a trade, like electrician. I am happy to pay any course fees.

Am I too old?

I am also worried about the way the UK is heading, I think there are going to be serious problems within the next 10 years or so due to increased muslim immigration and birth rate etc.

From what I can gather Australia doesn have any where near the same level of problems in this regard as the Uk does, am I right on this?

Whats the quickest one can proceed with this process?

Many Thanks,

Peter

Your only option bar marrying an aussie would be student visa. Would recommend you sought advice from a good agent, Alan Collet & George Lombard are both highly recommended both BE members just do a search for them. Would recommend you had a hol in Aus to see if it's all it's cracked up to be. Good luck