Hello

Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Hello

Hi there,
Just wanted to say hello to you all. This is my fist post and I am delighted to find this site. Just feels so good to be able to possibly get help and find any answers that I need.
We are 2 families planning on emigrating (or should I say hoping to emigrate) to Brisbane or around that parts, and boy have I got questions, you will all probably be sick of me soon.
We are hoping to go on the 136 skilled visa. My husband is a joiner and my friends is a painter & decorator. We are on pause just now as both men have managed to lose their City & Guilds certificates. (USLESS) so we are waiting for copies to come through.
We started to fill out the TRA last night. Is there any joiners who have done it and can advise on how detailed you have to be, according to some other sites and posts I have read you have to basically go right down to what a saw is how you use it and how many times you have used one. He will be demented if that is the case.
I thank you for taking the time to read this and any advice on the TRA would be great.
Sharon
x
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Originally Posted by shabee
Hi there,
Just wanted to say hello to you all. This is my fist post and I am delighted to find this site. Just feels so good to be able to possibly get help and find any answers that I need.
We are 2 families planning on emigrating (or should I say hoping to emigrate) to Brisbane or around that parts, and boy have I got questions, you will all probably be sick of me soon.
We are hoping to go on the 136 skilled visa. My husband is a joiner and my friends is a painter & decorator. We are on pause just now as both men have managed to lose their City & Guilds certificates. (USLESS) so we are waiting for copies to come through.
We started to fill out the TRA last night. Is there any joiners who have done it and can advise on how detailed you have to be, according to some other sites and posts I have read you have to basically go right down to what a saw is how you use it and how many times you have used one. He will be demented if that is the case.
I thank you for taking the time to read this and any advice on the TRA would be great.
Sharon
x
Hello Sharon,

Welcome to BE

The TRA needs to be as detailed as you can get it, and yes he needs to list all the tools he can use as well.

I can't help so much with your hubby's career as my hubby is an electrician, but I can tell you that our TRA application took 5 months to put together
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

5 MONTHS. That will please him.
Better get started then. Have a friend who has just got his passed, he used an agent and all he did was send his cetrificates and the agent did the rest. I am wanting to do it myself because I am a greedy bugger and dont want to pay them the money I could use for something else.

Thanks
Sharon
x
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Susi_Ash will become famous soon enough

welcome sharon!

we too are at the beginning of this long application process!
my oh is an electrician.

we do use an agent though mainly because we have too many things going on atm and i can't concentrate on this whole thing 100%.
we've just received the application forms for the TRA which i will make a start on in a minute (oh is not so good with these things lol)

good luck

susi
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Susi,
You get those forms filled in and send me a copy. Ha Ha only joking.
NIGHTMARE. 4 of us and we are all thick.
Sharon
x
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

5 MONTHS. That will please him.
Better get started then. Have a friend who has just got his passed, he used an agent and all he did was send his cetrificates and the agent did the rest. I am wanting to do it myself because I am a greedy bugger and dont want to pay them the money I could use for something else.

Thanks
Sharon
x

I used an agent, but had to do the paperwork myself

But I did the first lot a little wrong, so I'm glad I used them
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Susi_Ash will become famous soon enough

Sharon,

i wouldn't mind but i think they are specific for our agent and different jobs too

ha! get the whip out and make everyone sit down and get on with it

we've only got to do it for oh because i 'only' raised our kids the last 3 years i don't count - i slide in on his application instead

so how come i get to do all the work

have fun!
susi
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi and welcome. Yeah you will find this site a godsend. Paperwork requires alot of time and patience, as is repetitive. Good luck with your applications.

Donna
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Elaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really nice

Hi there,
Sharon
x
Hi Sharon

Good Luck with the TRA we were greedy buggers too but ours failed (not enough info)so we had to go with an agent.

Elaine
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:18 am
Just Joined

paedar is an unknown quantity at this point

hi we used an agent. Elaine&nigel we are in ireland and was wondering who you are using? we did alot of research and are glad we used the agent we have. PM me if you like.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: Hello

Originally Posted by Susi_Ash
Sharon,

i wouldn't mind but i think they are specific for our agent and different jobs too

ha! get the whip out and make everyone sit down and get on with it

we've only got to do it for oh because i 'only' raised our kids the last 3 years i don't count - i slide in on his application instead

so how come i get to do all the work

have fun!
susi
We get all the work to do because if we did not do it nothing would get done.
I am a Beauty Therapist and have my own trade, in my own right, think it would be easier for me to apply as I know all the tools and equipment I need, but that would just make him feel inferior. Ha Ha.

Don't want to work over there, I want to be a lady of leisure and sit at my pool in my large garden, infront of my 5 bedroomed 3 bathroomed house.
(well I can dream, can't I)

Thanks for all your replies. Good to speak to you.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Elaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really nice

Originally Posted by paedar
hi we used an agent. Elaine&nigel we are in ireland and was wondering who you are using? we did alot of research and are glad we used the agent we have. PM me if you like.
Peader

We used Gomatilda 2nd attempt was posted at the start of the week so its the waiting game again.

Where in Ireland r u?
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:26 am
Just Joined

paedar is an unknown quantity at this point

we are in galway