HEC attestion (Pakistan) - merged threads

Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

intellect20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Attestation of Documents From HEC

Talk to some consultant and pray to Allah.
Originally Posted by sdeveloper
Hi,

I got en email from CO for verification of documents through HEC
I have both recognized and unrecognized degrees, HEC will only acknowledge and verify/attest recognized degrees.

So what will be the status of unrecognized degree in Australian High Commission eyes?

- 3 yrs BCS from Private (Unrecognized) Premier College
- 2 yrs B.A. from (Recognized) University of the Punjab
- 3 yrs (1 yr complete IT courses) MBIT from (Recognized) University of the Punjab

How will it affect my Visa application if my BCS is not attested by HEC as this college has been closed and is not recognized as well?

Any similar experience or comment would be very helpful.

Regards,
MKS
Old Oct 6th 2009, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

sdeveloper will become famous soon enoughsdeveloper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by intellect20
Talk to some consultant and pray to Allah.
Yes, InshaAllah I will be out of it with Visa stamped...
Old Oct 6th 2009, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

mustafa_jaleel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdeveloper
Yes, InshaAllah I will be out of it with Visa stamped...
Yes Dear, I strongly believe you will

MJ
Old Oct 7th 2009, 4:29 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by intellect20
They charge higher if you ask them to file for record and give you a file number.
aoa
I got my docs attested from HEC and Notary officer as well but notary officer did not issue me any file number etc, will it create any problem in DIAC process cycle? even my docs are attested by HEC.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

No it should not be a problem. Do not worry.

Anyways you can get the file number from notary public if you pay him extra money.
Originally Posted by shafaqat309
aoa
I got my docs attested from HEC and Notary officer as well but notary officer did not issue me any file number etc, will it create any problem in DIAC process cycle? even my docs are attested by HEC.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

bhatti81 is on a distinguished road
Default HEC attestion (Pakistan)

Just wondering if anyone else from Pakistan (or another country) has been asked for this...

I am from Pakistan applied in end of Jan 2010 for 175. I received an email today for request for information. They have asked me for:

"Skills and qualifications (Verification of qualifications)"
I've been asked to get my B.Science degree authenticated/verified through HEC and have them give it to Aus High Commission. My concern is that the copy of my degree (that I uploaded with my case) already has been authenticated/verified by HEC and has the colored ticket with signatures. The original degree is also authenticated by HEC but since thats on the back side hence I got a front side attestation to the black and white copy from HEC and uploaded that in my documents. Since the attached copy to my application has already been authenticated by HEC, Do I still need to give my degree to HEC and have them send it to Australian High commision?

Or Is it like a new standard procedure now for some countries ?
Old Mar 11th 2010, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

alipa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HEC attestion (Pakistan)

Originally Posted by bhatti81
Just wondering if anyone else from Pakistan (or another country) has been asked for this...

I am from Pakistan applied in end of Jan 2010 for 175. I received an email today for request for information. They have asked me for:

"Skills and qualifications (Verification of qualifications)"
I've been asked to get my B.Science degree authenticated/verified through HEC and have them give it to Aus High Commission. My concern is that the copy of my degree (that I uploaded with my case) already has been authenticated/verified by HEC and has the colored ticket with signatures. The original degree is also authenticated by HEC but since thats on the back side hence I got a front side attestation to the black and white copy from HEC and uploaded that in my documents. Since the attached copy to my application has already been authenticated by HEC, Do I still need to give my degree to HEC and have them send it to Australian High commision?

Or Is it like a new standard procedure now for some countries ?
Dear You must ask from your CO from where you got email that u already hae attested your degrees from HEC , plz email again degrees with stamp.This procedure has been started for Pakistan & if u submit ur degrees to HEC then u must submit degrees to HEC & ask them that Australian High Commission will collect degrees.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

This is what they sent me and it seems like its a change in procedure that they have in place for more proper verification? I have contacted CO and asked same question as above, but just checking here from people if they have faced similar situation or is it just me. Has anyone else been called for this yet who e.g. applied in January from Pakistan?

As a result of difficulties with the verification of documents from some countries the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) has taken additional measures to ensure their authenticity.
This letter explains the procedure for obtaining verifcation of tertiary qualifcations from educational institutions in Pakistan. Please provide this for the B.Science degree.
Each applicant, who has submitted a skills assessment as part of this application and who holds a tertiary qualifcation from an educational institution in Pakistan, is required to forward their qualifcations for verifcation to the Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan. Please note that all tertiary qualifcations from Pakistan must be verifed.
To verify educational qualifcations, please submit a copy of this letter with all the required documentation and the appropriate fee to the HEC. Further information regarding the documentation required, processing fees, forms and contact details can be found on the HEC
http://www.hec.gov.pk
Please follow the instructions relating to Degree Attestation. (Note: An equivalence check is not required.).
When applying to the HEC, please indicate that the results are to be collected by the Australian High Commission in Islamabad.
Please request that the HEC quotes the file number at the top of this letter in its communication with the Australian High Commission.
The Australian High Commission will collect the verifcation results and the appropriately endorsed original qualifcation certifcates from the HEC. The verifcation results will not be accepted unless they are collected in this manner. If your qualifcation is determined by the HEC
to be genuine, the Australian High Commission will return the endorsed qualifcation documentation directly to you by mail, and will advise this offce of the verifcation result.
Please do not contact the Australian High Commission regarding the results of the qualifcation verifcation, as they are not able to provide you with any information relating to the results.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit this request to the HEC directly. This application cannot be successful until the results of the qualifcation verifcation are received.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

It's not a new procedure. sometimes the CO asks for this and sometimes not. I know 2-3 guys who have been asked for HEC attestation and they went through the same process as you are asked to do.
This is what they sent me and it seems like its a change in procedure that they have in place for more proper verification? I have contacted CO and asked same question as above, but just checking here from people if they have faced similar situation or is it just me. Has anyone else been called for this yet who e.g. applied in January from Pakistan?

As a result of difficulties with the verification of documents from some countries the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) has taken additional measures to ensure their authenticity.
This letter explains the procedure for obtaining verifcation of tertiary qualifcations from educational institutions in Pakistan. Please provide this for the B.Science degree.
Each applicant, who has submitted a skills assessment as part of this application and who holds a tertiary qualifcation from an educational institution in Pakistan, is required to forward their qualifcations for verifcation to the Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan. Please note that all tertiary qualifcations from Pakistan must be verifed.
To verify educational qualifcations, please submit a copy of this letter with all the required documentation and the appropriate fee to the HEC. Further information regarding the documentation required, processing fees, forms and contact details can be found on the HEC
http://www.hec.gov.pk
Please follow the instructions relating to Degree Attestation. (Note: An equivalence check is not required.).
When applying to the HEC, please indicate that the results are to be collected by the Australian High Commission in Islamabad.
Please request that the HEC quotes the file number at the top of this letter in its communication with the Australian High Commission.
The Australian High Commission will collect the verifcation results and the appropriately endorsed original qualifcation certifcates from the HEC. The verifcation results will not be accepted unless they are collected in this manner. If your qualifcation is determined by the HEC
to be genuine, the Australian High Commission will return the endorsed qualifcation documentation directly to you by mail, and will advise this offce of the verifcation result.
Please do not contact the Australian High Commission regarding the results of the qualifcation verifcation, as they are not able to provide you with any information relating to the results.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit this request to the HEC directly. This application cannot be successful until the results of the qualifcation verifcation are received.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

FriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of light

Can you tell the University name from Where you passed B.Science ?
Old Mar 11th 2010, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

I did it from Mohammad Ali Jinnah University and a few colleagues of mine have gone ahead smoothly, so not a university issue.
Yes, i have seen a few topics as well where people have been asked but they were all the ones that had NOT sent HEC attested copies initially. Mine's already attested by HEC and I am just trying to check may be as of some date they are sort of asking everyone in some countries (including pakistan) to go through this procedure even if they gave certified copies?

Aus High comm is known to pick up these results very periodically causing people to wait as much as a couple of months and I dont want to go through that pain even though my deg is already attested.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

msabiransari is an unknown quantity at this point

I was also graduated from Pakistan (Bachelors Shah Latif Univ, Masters IoBM Karachi.) I did the attestation from Foreign Ministry when I was coming to USA in 2005. I sent the same degrees attested by Foreign Ministry to DIAC and they have not asked me to verify from HEC yet. Seems like they are Ok with it.

After reading different forums, I think they do it randomly. My suggestion is to send the docs to HEC and let Australian HC pick it from them. Do not think about other options. DO WHAT THEY ARE ASKING.

Cheers,

Sabir

I did it from Mohammad Ali Jinnah University and a few colleagues of mine have gone ahead smoothly, so not a university issue.
Yes, i have seen a few topics as well where people have been asked but they were all the ones that had NOT sent HEC attested copies initially. Mine's already attested by HEC and I am just trying to check may be as of some date they are sort of asking everyone in some countries (including pakistan) to go through this procedure even if they gave certified copies?

Aus High comm is known to pick up these results very periodically causing people to wait as much as a couple of months and I dont want to go through that pain even though my deg is already attested.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

I really dont have a problem with doing it. The only problem is that I know last year the degrees kept lying in HEC for 3 months until AHC picked it up. And that thing irritates me that if my degree is already attested, why are asking to get it redone.
Ofcourse, they are the boss, if they insist, I will do it. Just sent them a note to make sure it wasn't overlooked.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

remo is an unknown quantity at this point

I really dont have a problem with doing it. The only problem is that I know last year the degrees kept lying in HEC for 3 months until AHC picked it up. And that thing irritates me that if my degree is already attested, why are asking to get it redone.
Ofcourse, they are the boss, if they insist, I will do it. Just sent them a note to make sure it wasn't overlooked.
they do it randomly, not all the applicants.

I submitted my degree to HEC in mid of December,2009 and got back in first week of Febrauary, 2010 and also submitted Form 80. but didnt heard from CO after that, any idea why it is pending after that.?

and its procedure, so nothing to irritated with. between if you keep your degrees with you and dont submit to HEC, rest assured you application would not be taken further step, unless you do it.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

@remo

When you submitted them the first time, were they HEC attested?

You can post a PLE to confirm the status of your application. Its mostly a phone based verification that they do by calling your office and talking to you and to the person who signed it (happened with my colleagues). Tell your phone operator to pass the call to you only. They sort of want to hear the resume' from you so make sure you have it handy.
Once thats through, then they ask you for for PCC and Meds.
Some teams in DIAC are quicker than the others, so depends who is looking after your case.

Last edited by bhatti81; Mar 11th 2010 at 4:08 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.