Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Health examination results, subcl. 137 - LCU?

Health examination results, subcl. 137 - LCU?

Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:21 am

JanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud of
Question Health examination results, subcl. 137 - LCU?

Hi,

I have read (http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/loca...rance_unit.htm) that the LCU, Sydney, processes health examination results for "our" subclass, i.e. Subclass 137 - Skilled - State/Territory-nominated Independent .

However, I have just received an automated response after having sent the LCU an email (in which I asked if we should sent our unrequested health examination results to Sydney and if the LCU would advise us if they have been processed.). In the automated response email, the LCU state the following:

"...THE LCU CAN ONLY ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS IN LIMITED SITUATIONS

The LCU is staffed with DIMIA officers, not medical officers. The LCU's
role is to facilitate processing of the health requirement for visa
applications. The LCU only has the capacity to check whether the medicals
have been received and/or processed for the following visa subclasses:

· 119 Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme
· 120 Labour Agreement
· 121 Employer Nomination
· 124 Distinguished Talent Visa
· 132 Business Talent
· 134 – 139 and 495 General Skilled Migration. The LCU also processes
health results for non-migrating family member of the applicants for the
Gradute Skilled (Residence) visa (ie. Onshore visa classes 880, 881 and
882)
· 151 Former Resident Visa
· 160-165 Business/Investors/Executive Migration Visa
· 202 Global Special Humanitarian
· 405 Investor Retirement Visa
· 416 Special Program
· 420 Entertainment Visa
· 422 Medical Practitioner Visa
· 457 Business Long Stay Visa
· e457 Electronic Business Long Stay Visa
· 470 Professional Development Visa
· 471 – Trade Skills Training Visa
· 679 Sponsored Family Visitor
· Students AL2-4 eVisa Trial (PRC Agents ONLY)
· eHealth 2 medicals (Medicals conducted electronically, without
requiring paper forms, by some clinics in Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan,
South Korea, Japan, the United Kingdom and Germany -- currently covers
student, working holiday maker and business visas)..."

Why is subclass 137 not mentioned on this list??? I can see special characters following subclass 134... could this be 137? This confuses me..

Any other STNI applicants having been advised by the LCU of the processing of their results?

We have booked for our health checks for 3 March.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Janni
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of
Default Re: Health examination results, subcl. 137 - LCU?

Originally Posted by JanniDK
· 134 – 139 and 495 General Skilled Migration.
I think that means 134 to 139 as we are 138 and LCU did ours. Also 136s are done at LCU. So I think you are OK.

You need to send all sorts of details such as names, passport numbers, visa class applied for, date send, courier used, etc. That way LCU can make sure they know who you are and can check whether meds were received and when they have been processed. Give them a couple days from when they were supposed to have received them (check with your doc when they were sent), and then email them with all above info and ask whether they've been received/processed/finalized.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:57 am

JanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by happymum
I think that means 134 to 139 as we are 138 and LCU did ours. Also 136s are done at LCU. So I think you are OK.

You need to send all sorts of details such as names, passport numbers, visa class applied for, date send, courier used, etc. That way LCU can make sure they know who you are and can check whether meds were received and when they have been processed. Give them a couple days from when they were supposed to have received them (check with your doc when they were sent), and then email them with all above info and ask whether they've been received/processed/finalized.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Hi Happymom,

Thanks. I hope you are right:-)

Good luck to you too.

Regards,
Janni
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 2:49 pm
Got it

Extreme_AG is an unknown quantity at this point

It should be 134 - 139 and 495 General Skilled Migration... Don't worry they need some time... one to two days... they are in general very helpful.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Extreme_AG
It should be 134 - 139 and 495 General Skilled Migration... Don't worry they need some time... one to two days... they are in general very helpful.
Hi Extreme_AG.

Thanks. Actually, the LCU have just replied to my email. Here is what it said:

"..All medical results for visa 137 are processed here in LCU... All your inquiries regarding your applications including the result of your
health assessment should be directed to your case officer. LCU can only
confirm if we received the medical results...."

I have read other threads here dealing with medical results and thought the LCU could tell you if you have passed or not, ie. whether or not they had received, processed and finalized your medicals? Isn't this correct? Or should we wait till a CO is assigned before we know if we have passed?

Have a nice weekend.

Regards,
Janni
Old Feb 24th 2006, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of

No, like I said above, give it a couple days after lcu have received them, then send an email with all your details, and they will respond within 48hrs saying whether meds have been received/processed/finalized.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by happymum
No, like I said above, give it a couple days after lcu have received them, then send an email with all your details, and they will respond within 48hrs saying whether meds have been received/processed/finalized.
Hi again,

Sorry - yes, you said that but then I received this email and got confused:/

If they tell you meds have been finalized, does that mean you have passed?

Regards,
Janni
Old Feb 25th 2006, 5:51 am
Got it

"...Or should we wait till a CO is assigned before we know if we have passed?"

Hmmmm, not sure if someone highlighted that already? You have no CO until now? How does that work?
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 9:16 am

"...Or should we wait till a CO is assigned before we know if we have passed?"

Hmmmm, not sure if someone highlighted that already? You have no CO until now? How does that work?
Hi Extreme_AG,

Sorry for the late response. No, we have not yet had a CO assigned. I don't know what you mean by "how does that work"? In the ack. letter we were informed that a CO would be assigned after approx. 4-5 months.

Still unsure if "finalized" means "passed" when referring to meds?

Regards,
Janni
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 9:47 am
Got it

Hi,

sorry got confused. Seems you did the medicals in advance.

From what I know the process is like that:

1. Acknowledgement
2. CO, file ref and ICSE request ID
3. CO requests med and police
4. Medical examination and result to LCU
5. Police report to CO
6. CO comes back to you...

And of course a lot of waiting ...

In the meanwhile I learned that it is possible to do medicals and police in advance, but there are certain disadvantages in regard of the timing. But still wondering how to fill up the medical forms without file number, ICSE request ID and so on.

Regarding your question. I would assume that your medicals are examined and the CO ia able to request the finalized outcome. You won't get a result from LCU... That's what I assume...

All the best and good luck.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 10:30 am

Hi,

sorry got confused. Seems you did the medicals in advance.

From what I know the process is like that:

1. Acknowledgement
2. CO, file ref and ICSE request ID
3. CO requests med and police
4. Medical examination and result to LCU
5. Police report to CO
6. CO comes back to you...

And of course a lot of waiting ...

In the meanwhile I learned that it is possible to do medicals and police in advance, but there are certain disadvantages in regard of the timing. But still wondering how to fill up the medical forms without file number, ICSE request ID and so on.

Regarding your question. I would assume that your medicals are examined and the CO ia able to request the finalized outcome. You won't get a result from LCU... That's what I assume...

All the best and good luck.
Hi,

Actually, I have not yet done my medical. I had to cancel my bookings as I realized I was too early. Will get them done, unrequested, in May.

Thanks and good luck to you too.

Regards,
Janni
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 10:41 am
Got it

Ah, understand.

You can do that but please consider that the date of the medicals and the date of the police certs determines the latest date (earliest date + one year) of your entry. That could cause in some cases problems.

Cheers and all the best to you...
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 11:06 am

Ah, understand.

You can do that but please consider that the date of the medicals and the date of the police certs determines the latest date (earliest date + one year) of your entry. That could cause in some cases problems.

Cheers and all the best to you...
Hi,

I am aware of that and this was why we decided to postpone meds. We are planning on migrating/validating in November this year. Therefore, should be fine getting meds done in May:-)

Cheers,

Janni