Is he qualified?

Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light
Default Is he qualified?

This is for my brother. Do you think if he is qualified? I did the point test for him and he is not qualified, but his lawyer told him he is qualified. I hope he is not trying to take his money.

Civil Engineering Associate Degree (known as Overseer, 3 years study in college level after 10th grade-10th grade is highschool in my country)
8 years of work experience
Single
No Australian degree and work experience.
IELTS 5.5

The lawyer's point was that he will get Trade Recognition point or something like that and he will be qualified, but I do not see that in point test. Thanks.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:45 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is he qualified?

Originally Posted by Want2Move
This is for my brother. Do you think if he is qualified? I did the point test for him and he is not qualified, but his lawyer told him he is qualified. I hope he is not trying to take his money.

Civil Engineering Associate Degree (known as Overseer, 3 years study in college level after 10th grade-10th grade is highschool in my country)
8 years of work experience
Single
No Australian degree and work experience.
IELTS 5.5
What country is the degree from and is it accredited by the local engineering authorities?
Old Dec 4th 2007, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JAJ
What country is the degree from and is it accredited by the local engineering authorities?
The degree is from Nepal. You mean local authorities in Nepal or Australia? If Nepal, Yes it is accredited. It is one of the top engineering colleges in the country.

Another information that may help is that we know few people who were able to get Australian PR with degree/diploma from the same college.

I apologize for not telling this in my original post. He also has a B.E. in Civil Engineering (4 years university degree from the same university), but his lawyer suggested him to use only Diploma (associate degree) because of his bad English score (IELTS 5.5). I am not sure if this is the right thing to do, but we are just following what the lawyer is saying. Thanks.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LIANA J ALLAN
<<snip>>
Thanks. I will have him e-mail his CV to you soon. At the same time, I would like to know if he stands any chance at all based on the information that is provided above and a couple of more below.

He does not have any relatives in Australia and he does not want to retake IELTS to improve his score. He is fluent in one of the community languages, Hindi, and of course in our native language, Nepali, which is not in the list yet. Thanks.

Last edited by Sue; Dec 4th 2007 at 5:36 pm. Reason: Deleted post quote removed.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:47 pm
Banned

LIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to allLIANA J ALLAN is a name known to all
Smile Re: Is he qualified?

Hello
I would not want to make an assessment on the basic details that have been provided as it would be completely unprofessional. When it comes to migration advice, agents are guided by a strict code of conduct. We must take the whole circumstace of a client's matter into consideration and provide accurate and timely advice. I look forward to hearing more information. Have a good evening over there.
Regards
Liana Allan