Have we made the wrong decision??

Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:07 am
Just Joined

quokka2008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Have we made the wrong decision??

My partner & I have been together for 18 months (living together for 15 months) and have always thought we'd one day end up in Sydney. The other day our relationship took a turn for the worse...which is mostly down do me! (Stress at work...Bloody AIG!! and just being an emotional wreck and taking my problems out on him) We agreed that we just need a break so my partner who is an Australian Citizen is heading back to Australia tomorrow..

I know in my heart i've mad the wrong decision, but I know a break will do us good...my Partner's grandfather has also just had a stroke and it will be good for him to go back and see his family and friends.

I've agreed that I will hopefully come out in a months time and we will review the situation, although we've agreed that he needs to sort things out in OZ (financial), which will take 3/4 months.

What if we decide in a few months time that we can't be without each other. (which i'm hoping is the case) Can I apply to live with him in Australia (I'm a UK citizen and would have to apply for a interpendency visa - partner visa) Can I apply from UK whilst he applies from Australia. Because he'll be living in Australia does migration see that as seperation and refuse visa's...God my heads a mess!!
Old Sep 27th 2008, 3:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have we made the wrong decision??

Originally Posted by quokka2008
My partner & I have been together for 18 months (living together for 15 months) and have always thought we'd one day end up in Sydney. The other day our relationship took a turn for the worse...which is mostly down do me! (Stress at work...Bloody AIG!! and just being an emotional wreck and taking my problems out on him) We agreed that we just need a break so my partner who is an Australian Citizen is heading back to Australia tomorrow..

I know in my heart i've mad the wrong decision, but I know a break will do us good...my Partner's grandfather has also just had a stroke and it will be good for him to go back and see his family and friends.

I've agreed that I will hopefully come out in a months time and we will review the situation, although we've agreed that he needs to sort things out in OZ (financial), which will take 3/4 months.

What if we decide in a few months time that we can't be without each other. (which i'm hoping is the case) Can I apply to live with him in Australia (I'm a UK citizen and would have to apply for a interpendency visa - partner visa) Can I apply from UK whilst he applies from Australia. Because he'll be living in Australia does migration see that as seperation and refuse visa's...God my heads a mess!!
Sorry to hear things aren't going too well for you - lets hope he break sorts them out

As for the visa, yes you can apply for Interdependency from the UK while your partner is in Aus. Just make sure that you have plenty of info about how you kept in touch while you were apart. You also have the fact that he has to come back here for family reasons, so include that in your partner statements, and make sure any from family refer to it as well.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

quokka2008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Have we made the wrong decision??

Thank you