Have we got enough points?

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Skye32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Have we got enough points?

Hi, I have been reading this interesting site over the past few days. My husband and I have dreamt about emigrating for a few years now.

My husband is a Sales Manager and my job is a foster carer. With his job alone we get 115 points, not enough! Is there anything we can do to get more points? Any advice gratefully received.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 4:34 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have we got enough points?

You can get 5 extra points if you (spouse) meet the basic requirements and get a skills assessment.

Alternatively, you can get 5 bonus points if you invest $100,000 for 12 months in Australia.

Good luck!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

you can always go down the route of the SIR visa, you only need 110 points for that. SA do it and NSW isdoing it soon if not already and Victoria do it. I think Queensland do as well. Check it out on DIMA web site, there are restrictions but not that bad. worth looking at, don't give up yet!!!! babs.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:06 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Babsw
you can always go down the route of the SIR visa, you only need 110 points for that. SA do it and NSW isdoing it soon if not already and Victoria do it. I think Queensland do as well. Check it out on DIMA web site, there are restrictions but not that bad. worth looking at, don't give up yet!!!! babs.
only go down the sir route as a last resort guys
there are lots of restrictions

see

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../495/index.htm

Last edited by steve`o; Mar 2nd 2007 at 6:08 pm. Reason: added some more info is that ok
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:07 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you could consider a SIR, but it is a temporary visa and if at all possible try and go for a PR visa.

Good luck.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Good luck, hope you manage to find the extra points.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to behold

hi,

i had a phone call from Go matilda and he recomended a 137 as you only need 70 points.

it means that you are a PR but only in the state that sponsors you..for me Adelaide..

i think your proffesion has to be on the skills shortage list for it though

i believe that is right but as i am getting so much info at the moment feel a little brain dead.

debbie
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

If you do not qualify for a Skilled Independent Visa 136, i'm sure there must be other routes like STNI137 or the Skilled Sponsored 138 which i think requires only 70 and 110 pts respectively.