Wikiposts

have a problem,help please

Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

fogfurn will become famous soon enough
Default have a problem,help please

hi all, i might just decide to do the tra applic my self, but i have a prob, although 2 migration layers said not to worry because their are ways around this, any way my past employer where i did my trade training with back in 1987, well we had a falling out a long time ago. he is a very bitter man and has refused any cooperation with my applic.all i have is a 2 line reference.in 2005 i sat my senior trades exam in cabinetmaking and with that along with the 2 line ref i was able to apply to our state training agency FAS and they were able to issue me with my recognised cert. now my prob is that i will need to tell the tra why i cannot approach this employer so has any one any ideas. im trying to save money here and i know the layers can help me but i just cannot afford them.the past employer is still in buisness and i can show proff that i have been working as a cabinet maker full time up to 2007 and since then i have been teaching woodwork.so any ideas on what to say to tra please.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: have a problem,help please

I am very sure that you are not the first person to have a problem with a previous employer.
Have you tried asking your question in the Immi forum or perhaps ask a Mod to move your thread as you may get more help in there?
Good luck to you
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
I am very sure that you are not the first person to have a problem with a previous employer.
Have you tried asking your question in the Immi forum or perhaps ask a Mod to move your thread as you may get more help in there?
Good luck to you
I'll move it
Old Dec 5th 2009, 6:04 pm
excited!

SuperC has a spectacular aura aboutSuperC has a spectacular aura aboutSuperC has a spectacular aura about

Hi Fogfurn

We didn't have contact details for 2 past employers from Australia some years back.
Put the details we had on the TRA application and sent a letter telling them the reason we didn't have the details was because we didn't record details of supervisor names etc because we didnt think we'd ever need them but here are the generic details and copies of payslips sorry about that and we had no problems at all
Just write them a letter explaining once you have your FAS certs and other refs I'm sure you will be fine
Old Dec 6th 2009, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

thanks for that, any one else in a similar position
Old Dec 6th 2009, 12:52 am
Just Joined

glenn.b is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new member

hi
i am a new to this site, we are applying to emigrate to Australia i have passed the skills assessment, could you advise me of the best and quickest way to go. thankyou hope you can help. glenn

Originally Posted by SuperC
Hi Fogfurn

We didn't have contact details for 2 past employers from Australia some years back.
Put the details we had on the TRA application and sent a letter telling them the reason we didn't have the details was because we didn't record details of supervisor names etc because we didnt think we'd ever need them but here are the generic details and copies of payslips sorry about that and we had no problems at all
Just write them a letter explaining once you have your FAS certs and other refs I'm sure you will be fine
Old Dec 6th 2009, 1:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new member

Originally Posted by glenn.b
hi
i am a new to this site, we are applying to emigrate to Australia i have passed the skills assessment, could you advise me of the best and quickest way to go. thankyou hope you can help. glenn
Glenn, with all due respect, your post has nothing to do with the OPs question.
Perhaps you should start your own thread in the immi forum & try to give us some more info, like what you do, that would be a good start!
Old Dec 6th 2009, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

the tanks for that, any one with more advise please
Old Dec 6th 2009, 3:22 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fogfurn
the tanks for that, any one with more advise please
Best advice is to get professional assistance from someone experienced in this area.