Have I got everything covered please help

Old Feb 28th 2007, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Find the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really nice
Default Have I got everything covered please help

My friend is in the process of doing a 136 non modl visa for her and her husband. He is the main applicant and they are hoping to lodge in the next couple of days as he turns 30 mid march and after that date they need the extra 5 points. We didn't think they'd get there as they had loads of delays on getting his documents for his skills assessment but after a pleading email they got their letter today, after only 1 and a half weeks!! A record i'm sure. (are we right in thinking that as long as Diac get it before he turns 30, ie receive it at their office, not the acknowlegement, that they've done it in time!?)

Anyway as they have no agent and it seems pretty straightforward i've been trying to help but having had a far more complicated case, 2 kids and so on we used an agent so didn't really jot down everything we did, just followed agents direction.

Am I right in thinking all they need are: (certified copies of)

Skills assesment letter
References for last 3 years for him (following dima guidelines on references)
Full Birth certificates for them both ( both born in UK etc) with parents names on.
Marriage certificate
Her degree certificate for proof of English language
Fully completed form
All his certificates
Copy of photo page of passport
2 passport photos

Is there anything else?

And finally he is an epileptic. They are aware they might get rejected but feel this is the last chance to get there. I've seen a few threads and he's going to get some letters from GP and so on to support the fact that he can work etc despite not being allowed a driving licence. Does anyone know of anything else he could include to help his case?

I'm grateful to anyone who reads this and might be able to help.

Thanks
Old Feb 28th 2007, 2:20 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have I got everything covered please help

Yes, as long as it reaches DIAC before the date he is 30 it should be ok.

Here is the checklist for the 136 visa: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/checklists/136.pdf
Old Feb 28th 2007, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Find the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really niceFind the sun is just really nice

Great thanks. I'd hate to be giving anyone the wrong information!
Old Mar 8th 2007, 7:31 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Find the sun
My friend is in the process of doing a 136 non modl visa for her and her husband. He is the main applicant and they are hoping to lodge in the next couple of days as he turns 30 mid march and after that date they need the extra 5 points. We didn't think they'd get there as they had loads of delays on getting his documents for his skills assessment but after a pleading email they got their letter today, after only 1 and a half weeks!! A record i'm sure. (are we right in thinking that as long as Diac get it before he turns 30, ie receive it at their office, not the acknowlegement, that they've done it in time!?)

Anyway as they have no agent and it seems pretty straightforward i've been trying to help but having had a far more complicated case, 2 kids and so on we used an agent so didn't really jot down everything we did, just followed agents direction.

Skills assesment letter
Full Birth certificates for them both ( both born in UK etc) with parents names on.
Marriage certificate
Fully completed form
All his certificates
2 passport photos

Is there anything else?

And finally he is an epileptic. They are aware they might get rejected but feel this is the last chance to get there. I've seen a few threads and he's going to get some letters from GP and so on to support the fact that he can work etc despite not being allowed a driving licence. Does anyone know of anything else he could include to help his case?

Thanks

i thought i read, that if you hold a british passport, you do not need to prove your english language???!!!!

correct?

if not then i may have to make some sharpish calls to the gcse board
Old Mar 8th 2007, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

WESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Find the sun

Skills assesment letter
Marriage certificate
Fully completed form
All his certificates
2 passport photos

Is there anything else?

Thanks
The visa application charge.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 7:33 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

You can hold a British passport and still not speak English. You have to have a British birth certificate and be a native English speaker to not have to prove language ability