Have i any hope of my dream??

Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:53 am
Account Closed

carteruk1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Have i any hope of my dream??

Hiya everyone!!! Im really beginning to think im never going to make my dream of emigrating to Australia reality Im a 29 year old nurse and require sponsored visa, reason i require this type is because i only work 18 hours per week and to get skilled migrant visa you require to have worked 20 hours or more for 12 months out of the last 2 years. My experience is outpatients working in a fracture and orthopaedic clinic but every agency i speak to they want me to have more experience in orthopaedic ward so i can be placed there but i cant get experience there at the moment as my husband works full time and i am needed at the moment for the kids. Im really gettin down about the whole thing as my brother is going with his family on skilled migrant visa as hes an electrician and he has spent a lot of money to get how far he is in process and i feel im goin to let him down hugely as he was kinda relying on us all going. I have a feeling that soon they wont be offering as many sponsored visas and my chances of my dream are getting slimmer by the day, Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks. claire
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:58 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have i any hope of my dream??

Hi Claire,

I'm sure you'll qualify somehow - Australia needs nurses desperately - but where are you getting agency advice such as you describe? If you look at www.doctorconnect.gov.au you'll see links to hundreds of agencies, and almost all of the ones taking doctors will take nurses as well.

Good luck!

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:03 am
Account Closed

carteruk1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Have i any hope of my dream??

Hi george, thanks for the quick response, i spoke to someone in Austra health, lady was very nice that i spoke to but think she was just being realistic in that my experience in outpatients is very different from wards etc so less likely to be placed, will have a look at the link, thanks, claire