Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Have the business visa requirements changed

Have the business visa requirements changed

Old Jan 19th 2012, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

suecroft will become famous soon enoughsuecroft will become famous soon enough
Default Have the business visa requirements changed

It looks like you can now travel to Australia without a business and buy or start up a business when you are there.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have the business visa requirements changed

And what visa would you be traveling on to do this?
Old Jan 20th 2012, 11:37 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suecroft
It looks like you can now travel to Australia without a business and buy or start up a business when you are there.
I think you'll need to elaborate. As rammygirl said, which visa are you thinking of? It's a bit difficult to say yay or nay about whether a visa requirement has changed or not without knowing which visa and what context!
Old Jan 21st 2012, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

I'm not, I'm already here and loving it. Its my nephew.
He wants to move over as quickly as possible and was thinking of getting over and buying a business here , when we moved over 7 years ago it was a case of - buy a business - employ 2 Australians - put $250,000 aside to show you can support yourself , job done.
I believe that its all changed and I'm not sure what to tell him now
Old Jan 21st 2012, 1:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not, I'm already here and loving it. Its my nephew.
He wants to move over as quickly as possible and was thinking of getting over and buying a business here , when we moved over 7 years ago it was a case of - buy a business - employ 2 Australians - put $250,000 aside to show you can support yourself , job done.
I believe that its all changed and I'm not sure what to tell him now
I can't follow your posts, seem contradictory. Are you saying that you heard it is not possible to buy a business in Australia and move over? Or that it used to be and is no longer possible?

FWIW I have no idea about the past, but am pretty sure it is not possible now.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 1:40 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

That's what we did in 2006. Arrived on a 1 year tourist visa to have a look see if we liked it and then applied for a business visa (without having a business), found something, bought it and now have PR...
Old Jan 21st 2012, 1:54 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DrWho
That's what we did in 2006. Arrived on a 1 year tourist visa to have a look see if we liked it and then applied for a business visa (without having a business), found something, bought it and now have PR...
It looks like the rules have changed since.

I don't really know much about the business visas though.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the link - yes the rules have changed - I'' pass the info on.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 12:27 am

Thanks for the link - yes the rules have changed - I'' pass the info on.
No problem.