Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used these to get AQF for pathway E?

Has anyone used these to get AQF for pathway E?

Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

nickynush will become famous soon enough
Default Has anyone used these to get AQF for pathway E?

Hi

I found these after a search on the internet today uk.tradetrain.com.au

It looks like they can award the necessary AQF qualification via onsite assessment in the uk which in turn will allow you to get a positive skills assessment from TRA via pathway E. Has anyone used them before? and if so any idea of cost?

Thanks

Nicky
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:55 pm
ann
Forum Regular

ann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really nice
Default Re: Has anyone used these to get AQF for pathway E?

Originally Posted by nickynush
Hi

I found these after a search on the internet today uk.tradetrain.com.au

It looks like they can award the necessary AQF qualification via onsite assessment in the uk which in turn will allow you to get a positive skills assessment from TRA via pathway E. Has anyone used them before? and if so any idea of cost?

Thanks

Nicky
sorry if sound dumb, but what is path way e?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

nickynush will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ann
sorry if sound dumb, but what is path way e?
OH needs a skills assessment from TRA before we can apply - he is a wall and floor tiler. There are 5 routes for assessment with TRA - pathway A,B,C,D&E. Pathways A B & C are for those with apprenticeships or vocational training. OH had informal apprenticeship but no qualification. He can get an NVQ via assessment now to recognise his skills but TRA won't accept these "quick" NVQs. Pathway D is currently suspended and was for those tradesmen with experience only - it's expected back(maybe July) but expected to have stricter criteria. Pathway E is for those with an AQF which is an australian qualification. This firm says they can award AQFs to tradesmen here following an assessment of their work.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Bramlie is on a distinguished road

Hi, been looking at tradetrain too, it's £3750 and I think if you want a package incl: licences etc it's probably more. I have emailed them enquiring about the cost of the package, will let you know. ( they also offer a money back guarantee if TRA do not accept your qualification, terms apply)
Old May 25th 2008, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

jackbauer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My husband is in the same positon. He is a plasterer and doesnt have any qualifications. I found out from the TRA that he needs to have an AQFIII certificate but I have tried everything & cant find out if he can get this qualification in the UK.

Sorry not to be of any help but just wanted to let you know we are in the same position! And if anyone had any advice, we would like to hear it too!

Have you found out anymore since you posted?
Old Aug 25th 2008, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

yoddha will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jackbauer
Hi,

My husband is in the same positon. He is a plasterer and doesnt have any qualifications. I found out from the TRA that he needs to have an AQFIII certificate but I have tried everything & cant find out if he can get this qualification in the UK.

Sorry not to be of any help but just wanted to let you know we are in the same position! And if anyone had any advice, we would like to hear it too!

Where can do I apply for AQF III. Assessment ??My wife is a Hair Dresser from India.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

helenandrob will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jackbauer
Hi,

Hi There,
My OH is also a plasterer. He took his AQF III with Trade Train back in March of this year and passed. We applied to TRA and passed that as well with no problems. The fee was £3750 but worth every penny in our opinion. The guys from Trade Train or ACTS (also known as) are really nice and made the whole process so easy and completly stress free!! If you put tradetrain or acts in the search bar you will find out loads of info on them. Good Luck
Helen
Old Sep 21st 2008, 1:48 pm
IwannabeinAustralia

davidmackenzie65 is a jewel in the roughdavidmackenzie65 is a jewel in the roughdavidmackenzie65 is a jewel in the roughdavidmackenzie65 is a jewel in the roughdavidmackenzie65 is a jewel in the rough

Hi All, have just enrolled with ACTS this morning.
I had a Visit from ACTS they came to my house this morning (SUNDAY)and went through the process.

Very Informative about what is required from myself and what will happen next.

Will keep you posted throughout the stages.

Dave
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

snoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant future

Hi plasterers!!
I had a visit from a plasterer friend of mine last night....wanted to know how to go about getting himself a visa!
Now then, he's been self employed for over 4 years & has a city & guilds qualification. Will he need to have this AQF III? And what does it entail apart from a large wad of cash? How long does it take?
Cheers guys.......Lisa,x
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:53 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snoo
Hi plasterers!!
I had a visit from a plasterer friend of mine last night....wanted to know how to go about getting himself a visa!
Now then, he's been self employed for over 4 years & has a city & guilds qualification. Will he need to have this AQF III? And what does it entail apart from a large wad of cash? How long does it take?
Cheers guys.......Lisa,x
www.immi.gov.au is where he should be starting.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

snoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant future

Not to worry....Gill's been good enough to help! Thanks anyway!