British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Has Anyone Used Geoffrey Nathan Consulting? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/has-anyone-used-geoffrey-nathan-consulting-505607/)

Scuba Steve Jan 12th 2008 10:41 am

Has Anyone Used Geoffrey Nathan Consulting?

And what were your experiences?

steveandtina Jan 12th 2008 7:00 pm

Re: Has Anyone Used Geoffrey Nathan Consulting?

No I haven't but just wanted to bump you thread back to the 1st page

BUMP:thumbsup:

Dorothy Jan 12th 2008 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve (Post 5777344)

For what? To get a job? To get a visa? What do you want to use them for?

George Lombard Jan 13th 2008 2:47 am

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve (Post 5777344)

Hi Steve,

You've got to be careful with companies which are "labour hire" firms since there were some issues for them last year and I doubt that the new government is all that sympathetic. A link explaining the change in brief is here: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/on-hire-industry.htm . If talking to any such firm I'm sure they can spend 5 minutes explaining how your rights are affected by this change and how they've overcome the change.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Scuba Steve Jan 13th 2008 11:53 am

Thanks Steve and Tina!

To get a visa. I've got a job offer and the firm have chosen to go through GNC to to the paperwork and act as a 3rd party emploer, so i've hd no choice in using them. They have some issues with getting a labour agreement signed following some changes which were made in Oct by the government but the service I've had so far hasn't filled me with confidence.

Pollyana Jan 13th 2008 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve (Post 5781022)
Thanks Steve and Tina!

To get a visa. I've got a job offer and the firm have chosen to go through GNC to to the paperwork and act as a 3rd party emploer, so i've hd no choice in using them. They have some issues with getting a labour agreement signed following some changes which were made in Oct by the government but the service I've had so far hasn't filled me with confidence.

Those would be the changes mentioned by George in his post above.

paddytd Jan 14th 2008 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve (Post 5781022)
Thanks Steve and Tina!

Steve
I hope you dont mind me asking. But is there a PR route through a labour agent or would you be stuck on a 457.

Scuba Steve Jan 14th 2008 9:22 am

Hi Paddy. They've told me I can apply for PR after 2 years through them.

1Ben Jan 17th 2008 6:41 pm

Hi Scuba steve.yeah they used to pay my wages for me,geoffrey nathan.
I think they must have branched out and gone into different areas.
They used to be a job agency,they were good in Sydney,awful in Melbourne.
But I was aware of a few people who got paid by them didn't get the full pay and had trouble when it come to getting tax back....
This is going back a few years ago

DanDan11 Dec 8th 2008 2:22 pm

Scuba steve
are you still with GNC? if so, we are probably in the same boat at the moment.

De Mange Dec 8th 2008 3:35 pm

I used to work for them in their Sydney office. :o

Scuba Steve Dec 14th 2008 11:47 am

No, I got another offer from a firm that sponsors directly but that's been withdrawn now due to the economic issues. Was due to fly out in 2 weeks. Apparently they still havemnt resolved the labour agreement for recruiters anyway, that's well over a year now. What do yo do Dan?