Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Has Anyone Used Geoffrey Nathan Consulting?

Has Anyone Used Geoffrey Nathan Consulting?

Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:41 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of
Default Has Anyone Used Geoffrey Nathan Consulting?

And what were your experiences?
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Has Anyone Used Geoffrey Nathan Consulting?

No I haven't but just wanted to bump you thread back to the 1st page

BUMP
Old Jan 12th 2008, 9:49 pm
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve View Post
For what? To get a job? To get a visa? What do you want to use them for?
Old Jan 13th 2008, 2:47 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Steve,

You've got to be careful with companies which are "labour hire" firms since there were some issues for them last year and I doubt that the new government is all that sympathetic. A link explaining the change in brief is here: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/on-hire-industry.htm . If talking to any such firm I'm sure they can spend 5 minutes explaining how your rights are affected by this change and how they've overcome the change.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jan 13th 2008, 11:53 am

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Thanks Steve and Tina!

To get a visa. I've got a job offer and the firm have chosen to go through GNC to to the paperwork and act as a 3rd party emploer, so i've hd no choice in using them. They have some issues with getting a labour agreement signed following some changes which were made in Oct by the government but the service I've had so far hasn't filled me with confidence.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 1:47 pm
HMP Queensland

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Steve and Tina!

To get a visa. I've got a job offer and the firm have chosen to go through GNC to to the paperwork and act as a 3rd party emploer, so i've hd no choice in using them. They have some issues with getting a labour agreement signed following some changes which were made in Oct by the government but the service I've had so far hasn't filled me with confidence.
Those would be the changes mentioned by George in his post above.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

paddytd will become famous soon enoughpaddytd will become famous soon enough

Thanks Steve and Tina!

Steve
I hope you dont mind me asking. But is there a PR route through a labour agent or would you be stuck on a 457.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:22 am

Hi Paddy. They've told me I can apply for PR after 2 years through them.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

1Ben is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Scuba steve.yeah they used to pay my wages for me,geoffrey nathan.
I think they must have branched out and gone into different areas.
They used to be a job agency,they were good in Sydney,awful in Melbourne.
But I was aware of a few people who got paid by them didn't get the full pay and had trouble when it come to getting tax back....
This is going back a few years ago
Old Dec 8th 2008, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

DanDan11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Scuba steve
are you still with GNC? if so, we are probably in the same boat at the moment.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

De Mange will become famous soon enoughDe Mange will become famous soon enough

I used to work for them in their Sydney office.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 11:47 am

No, I got another offer from a firm that sponsors directly but that's been withdrawn now due to the economic issues. Was due to fly out in 2 weeks. Apparently they still havemnt resolved the labour agreement for recruiters anyway, that's well over a year now. What do yo do Dan?