Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Has anyone had any problem with credit card?

Has anyone had any problem with credit card?

Old Mar 15th 2006, 6:48 am
Just Joined

kamoira has a brilliant futurekamoira has a brilliant futurekamoira has a brilliant futurekamoira has a brilliant futurekamoira has a brilliant futurekamoira has a brilliant futurekamoira has a brilliant future
Default Has anyone had any problem with credit card?

when the ASPC process for your application? I've just received an email that i need to rectify the problem within 3 days if not they're going to send the application back!!!

SO i'm in panic now and trying to fax another card's details. I must have written the number wrongly or something. But i'm feeling abit upset now.
K.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of
Default Re: Has anyone had any problem with credit card?

Originally Posted by kamoira
when the ASPC process for your application? I've just received an email that i need to rectify the problem within 3 days if not they're going to send the application back!!!

SO i'm in panic now and trying to fax another card's details. I must have written the number wrongly or something. But i'm feeling abit upset now.
K.
Did you let your bank know that there would be this large international transaction happening? That's probably the problem, you bank blocks it because they think your card is being used fraudulently.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 5:12 pm
lew
Forum Regular

lew has much to be proud oflew has much to be proud oflew has much to be proud oflew has much to be proud oflew has much to be proud oflew has much to be proud oflew has much to be proud oflew has much to be proud oflew has much to be proud oflew has much to be proud oflew has much to be proud of

K.
I had the same problem and panicked ,i phoned them and they said its probably the card company because its a large amount from over seas-i phoned my card company and they said they would pass it if they asked again.It was taken the second time.A friend of mine used her debit card for payment but they dont accept that at all.
Good luck with the visa and maybe we will all be going about the same time???
Old Mar 15th 2006, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lew
I had the same problem and panicked ,i phoned them and they said its probably the card company because its a large amount from over seas-i phoned my card company and they said they would pass it if they asked again.It was taken the second time.A friend of mine used her debit card for payment but they dont accept that at all.

We used a Mastercard at first and even though we'd let them know about the transaction it still wouldn't go through, so we used a Visa credit card which worked first time. Again we let them know before hand.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 6:06 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: Has anyone had any problem with credit card?

Same kind of problem. MasterCard declined our payment not once, but twice. We had notified them well in advance that we expected this payment to come, but they still buggered us around. Anyway, in the end I got a bank draught and sent it by registered mail. Still waiting for confirmation that anyone got it 1 week later. I did email the person at DIMA to let her know it was on its way. Guess that's ok with her 'cause we don't have our app back!
Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

jnewlife will become famous soon enough

K.

Hi, i used visa card and got a telephone message asking to me to authorise payment as could be suspect (large amount from overseas), i authorised and didn't have any problems...
Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

robertq is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jnewlife
Hi, i used visa card and got a telephone message asking to me to authorise payment as could be suspect (large amount from overseas), i authorised and didn't have any problems...
I also used visa card with three additional secure numbers and unfortunately nobody asked for these numbers or even called or sent any message. After two weeks I was notised to pay other way because they couldnt charge my card - I made international money transfer from citi bank.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

We put Visa card on application, haven't heard anything yet but have just put phone down after informing bank that this transaction is ok. Hopefully they will take the payment with no problem now. Fingers crossed!!!
Thanks for bringing this issue up.
Lynne
Old Mar 16th 2006, 12:40 am
Just Joined

kamoira has a brilliant futurekamoira has a brilliant futurekamoira has a brilliant futurekamoira has a brilliant futurekamoira has a brilliant futurekamoira has a brilliant futurekamoira has a brilliant future

Hi all,

I tried faxing to them last night after waiting like half an hour at the post office and didn't manage to get through. So soonest i got back home I wrote a mail to him bout the problem and asked whether sending the details via email was adviseable. He replied this morning that it is so I've just sent the email to him with another of my cards details and also called up Citibank and told them to expect this amount transactiong. So let's hope for now.

K.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 12:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lew

Hi Lew,
Yeah, probably we'd be going the same time and HOPELY and let's just pray. Well the very least we know that we're not the only one and hey that means they received our applications if we look from the bright side it.

K.