Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Has anyone got job verification of any kind recently?

Has anyone got job verification of any kind recently?

Old Jan 28th 2009, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

neobe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone got job verification of any kind recently?

Hi everyone,I'm new here.It's been 15.5 months since my lodge and 5.5 month since my CO allocation.There's no request for medical and pcc yet and no job verificatin either.
any reply would be appreciated,thanks.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone got job verification of any kind recently?

Originally Posted by neobe
Hi everyone,I'm new here.It's been 15.5 months since my lodge and 5.5 month since my CO allocation.There's no request for medical and pcc yet and no job verificatin either.
why don't you conact DIAC and see what's up?
Old Feb 15th 2009, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

One of my friend's agent who is an australian registered has told him DIAC has eliminated job verification process.any of you heard such a thing?
Old Feb 15th 2009, 9:38 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

One of my friend's agent who is an australian registered has told him DIAC has eliminated job verification process.any of you heard such a thing?
No, they have not stopped job verifications. DIAC do routine background checks and it's possible your case officer is in the process of waiting for your country to provide information which was requested. I take it you are from a high risk country?
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Ahmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
No, they have not stopped job verifications. DIAC do routine background checks and it's possible your case officer is in the process of waiting for your country to provide information which was requested. I take it you are from a high risk country?
Hey
What do you mean by " your country to provide information which was requested" ?

Do you really mean country officials? And not the employer or manager?
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:32 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ahmadj
Hey
What do you mean by " your country to provide information which was requested" ?

Do you really mean country officials? And not the employer or manager?
Yes. DIAC do background checks as well as employer checks. It's possible the reason the OP's case officer has not requested police checks or meds is that they are in the process of doing security checks. Some high risk countries take longer than others to provide requested information.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

chikicheeta is an unknown quantity at this point

DO THE CHECK ONLY WITH THE CURRENT EMPLOYER OR ALL THE PAST EMPLOYERS. IN MY CASE ONE OF THE PAST EMPLYER IS OUT OF BUSINESS. WHAT HAPPENS THEN

REGDS
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:23 pm
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of

I've been told DIAC will sometimes show your picshur to the security staff around your work place and ask them if they recoginize the person in the pic. If they can't identify you, your screwed... even if you do actually work there
Old Feb 17th 2009, 11:19 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by chikicheeta
DO THE CHECK ONLY WITH THE CURRENT EMPLOYER OR ALL THE PAST EMPLOYERS. IN MY CASE ONE OF THE PAST EMPLYER IS OUT OF BUSINESS. WHAT HAPPENS THEN

REGDS
They check the information you give them.
Originally Posted by fifty_pence
I've been told DIAC will sometimes show your picshur to the security staff around your work place and ask them if they recoginize the person in the pic. If they can't identify you, your screwed... even if you do actually work there
Not 'screwed'. If DIAC is not satisfied with the information they receive you are asked to explain before they make a decision. Unless it's obvious that your information is fraudulent.

Basically, if you are 100% truthful on your application you have nothing to worry about.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 2:55 am
Just Joined

Do they inform the employer before visitng, what if your past employer is non copertive with DIAC and refuse to divuldge any information on me.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

Pietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nice

Originally Posted by fifty_pence
I hope not. Remember, I'm the computer guy, I sit in the computer room and make sure the network keeps running. 90% of the people in the company never even see me.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

emaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dorothy,

I have very important query here, as per my agent we have rced mail from case officer & he mentioned that they cant include my previous company experience as i have applied for sales representative, i have positive assessment for sales occupation. I have state gov sponsorship, i have total 7 yrs of marketing & sales experience & i am working in this occupation since 2001, i have submitted all employer ref letters, complete resume to them alongwith visa application.

My agent says there is some misunderstanding overthere & he will solve it, i would like to ask you why this has happened? any clue i am so depressed.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 10:11 am
Just Joined

from what I hear, DIAC pays more attention on your present employment, they don't have a big staff to send around the country to veryfy all jobs one has done, so make sure your HR department of the current employer is informed of a possible visit by DIAC.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:22 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by emaus
Hi Dorothy,

I have very important query here, as per my agent we have rced mail from case officer & he mentioned that they cant include my previous company experience as i have applied for sales representative, i have positive assessment for sales occupation. I have state gov sponsorship, i have total 7 yrs of marketing & sales experience & i am working in this occupation since 2001, i have submitted all employer ref letters, complete resume to them alongwith visa application.

My agent says there is some misunderstanding overthere & he will solve it, i would like to ask you why this has happened? any clue i am so depressed.
You need to speak to your agent. They will be the one who knows your case. I am not a registered agent and cannot give specific migration advice. Anything I write on here is based entirely on my own experiences and those of people I know.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies,but has any one heard of a job verification in past 3 months?
It's 6 months since I have co(16 months since lodge),but no request for medicals and pcc.Should I send them unrequested or wait more?
p.s.I'm from a high risk country.
thanks .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.