Hairdressing TRA - HELP!

Old Sep 17th 2010, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

red.debz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hairdressing TRA - HELP!

Hi, Im new to this forum and need help ref TRA for Hairdressing. Im a bit overwhelmed by it all and need some help with the evidence required as Im self employed as a mobile hairdresser. Do I need to send any of my NVQ 2 folder evidence to them? Are there any checklists I can use to make sure I have got all the info they want? I only have just over 600 hrs of training and the rest is part time work experience mobile for 3 years then the last year has been 20 hrs per week as they want but am worried that the lack of training hours will go against me. Any help will be appreciated..............
Old Sep 17th 2010, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hairdressing TRA - HELP!

I can't help with your hairdressing questions sorry but hopefully someone that can will be along shortly. But just wanted to check you are aware that hairdressing is not eligible for skilled migration unless you can secure state sponsorship. If you were aware of that feel free to ignore me. Good luck with your app.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I can't help with your hairdressing questions sorry but hopefully someone that can will be along shortly. But just wanted to check you are aware that hairdressing is not eligible for skilled migration unless you can secure state sponsorship. If you were aware of that feel free to ignore me. Good luck with your app.
You can also come over if you can find an employer to sponsor you.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 1:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It's finding sponsorship of any description that will be a problem. Vast majority of hairdressers are casual workers and there are plenty around. It's going to be hard to find anyone prepared to sponsor someone on a permanent contract when that is not the usual method of employment.

Not impossible but extremely difficult. Good luck.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 7:43 am
Banned

danjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nice

Still cannot believe someone who cuts hair can gain access to Australia!
Old Sep 18th 2010, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danjones1
Well, not very easily any more!
Old Sep 18th 2010, 8:56 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Hairdressers can't get in anymore that loophole has been closed. Even if you did find sponsorship with the amount of well documented hairdressers not finding work the visa would most likely be denied.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 10:02 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Why's that? Does it make more sense that someone who puts in toilets or hammers nails should gain access? Countries need people with all kinds of skills.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

red.debz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Why's that? Does it make more sense that someone who puts in toilets or hammers nails should gain access? Countries need people with all kinds of skills.
Im going to Darwin and going for the 176 visa as haidresing is still on their most wanted list so im suprised to hear the visa would more than likely be denied. I will be getting sponsored by my family who live there already.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

Originally Posted by red.debz
Im going to Darwin and going for the 176 visa as haidresing is still on their most wanted list so im suprised to hear the visa would more than likely be denied. I will be getting sponsored by my family who live there already.
red.debz you dont have the visa yet?
Old Sep 18th 2010, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wookiee06
red.debz you dont have the visa yet?
I think no is a very safe bet if they are still at the TRA stage.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Family sponsored is not the same thing as state sponsored.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

Old Sep 19th 2010, 6:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

You cannot get a family sponsored visa as a hairdresser. As hairdressing is only on schedule 4 of the SOL, you need either state or employer sponsorshp. If hairdessing is on NT skills list then that is one option for you, you need to obtain their sponsorship.