Had medicals today

Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:16 pm
Daryl

darylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to all
Smile Had medicals today

Had medicals today in Sheffield and for those that are interested it basically broke down as follows:

Chest X-ray x 2 adults - £136
HIV Blood test x 2 adults - £40
Medicals x 2 adults and 1 child (4 years old) - £190
Postage - £45.34 (they arranged it using Royal Mail International Signed For)
Total = £411.34

Not sure whether this is average/expensive?

Everything went ok, although we have to wait another week for the blood test results to come back, but I'm not expecting any problems. Also got home to find my police checks had come back clear so FULL STEAM AHEAD! Getting quite excited now, especially after seeing on people's timelines that after submitting the medicals it may only be a couple of weeks until the visa is granted. I don't want to tempt fate but I guess I should start thinking about selling the house!!

Daryl
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:26 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Had medicals today

Originally Posted by darylh
Had medicals today in Sheffield and for those that are interested it basically broke down as follows:

Total = £411.34

Everything went ok, although we have to wait another week for the blood test results to come back, but I'm not expecting any problems. Also got home to find my police checks had come back clear so FULL STEAM AHEAD! Getting quite excited now, especially after seeing on people's timelines that after submitting the medicals it may only be a couple of weeks until the visa is granted. I don't want to tempt fate but I guess I should start thinking about selling the house!!

Daryl

Good luck Daryl, sounds like it is all coming together for you!

Jackie
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:41 pm
Here and loving it!

cheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond repute

Total = £411.34

Daryl
I think that looks about the same as ours will be. We have ours next week.
Can't be long now can it?

Good luck
Cheri x
Old Feb 21st 2006, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you chicken

Lace xxx
Old Feb 21st 2006, 9:14 pm
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Had medicals today

Total = £411.34

Daryl
How long did the medicals take Daryl ? Per person..

What checks / questions did they do / ask ?

Thanks

Nick
Old Feb 21st 2006, 10:44 pm
Daryl

darylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nick72
How long did the medicals take Daryl ? Per person..

What checks / questions did they do / ask ?

Thanks

Nick
Not long really. The Chest X-ray had to be done at a different hospital and we were in there less than a hour in all. For the medicals and blood test we were probably in there approx 90 mins. The medical was quite straight forward, no cough and drop or anything of that nature (had me worried for a while!!). Just the usual stuff - reflexes, weight, height, flexibility, eyes, listened to my chest, vision, and a urine test of course. We only had to have the 1 blood test, for HIV. Health workers and people with tatoos/piercings also need to have a Hep B test.

Daryl
Old Feb 21st 2006, 10:46 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

good luck daryl

not long now

hope ours go just as smooth

jan xx
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:33 pm
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute

Not long really. The Chest X-ray had to be done at a different hospital and we were in there less than a hour in all. For the medicals and blood test we were probably in there approx 90 mins. The medical was quite straight forward, no cough and drop or anything of that nature (had me worried for a while!!). Just the usual stuff - reflexes, weight, height, flexibility, eyes, listened to my chest, vision, and a urine test of course. We only had to have the 1 blood test, for HIV. Health workers and people with tatoos/piercings also need to have a Hep B test.

Daryl
Do they do hearing test too ?

Eh ? Pardon ? What ?

lol

Nick
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

em's is an unknown quantity at this point

Daryl

What kind of things did your 4 year old have to do for the medicals, we are also from sheffield and we are just waiting for the go ahead for our medicals (did you have yours on Duke St?) we have 2 kids 4 & 2 just wondered what to expect for them. Good luck and hope you hear something soon!!!!

em
Old Feb 25th 2006, 1:11 pm
Daryl

Originally Posted by em's
What kind of things did your 4 year old have to do for the medicals, we are also from sheffield and we are just waiting for the go ahead for our medicals (did you have yours on Duke St?) we have 2 kids 4 & 2 just wondered what to expect for them. Good luck and hope you hear something soon!!!!

em
Yeah, the medical was at Duke St and the chest x-ray was at Claremont Hospital. Our little girl only had to have the medical. Basically, he felt her neck and belly, listened to her heart, checked her lung capacity, asked her to touch her toes, asked her to do star jumps, checked her flexibility, checked her eyes and ears, checked her vision, etc - very similar to the adult medicals (except he didn't ask me to do star jumps I'm happy to say!).

Good luck anyway, hope yours go as well as ours

Daryl