Gutted

Old Dec 20th 2005, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future
Default Gutted

I have been studying and working full time for as long as I can remember to enable me to have the correct qualifications for a child-care co-ordinator. As my final exam results are due out, I contacted an agent that I have spoken to before and they are now saying that I will have to wait a further 6 - 12 months from receipt of my results before I can apply for the 139 visa.

Can anyone tell me if this is a new thing or if I have been misled. I have spoken to other agents in the past but am waiting for them to come back to me on this one.

Every time submitting my application is within sight, something puts a spanner in the works.

Debs
Old Dec 20th 2005, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

neepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to all
Default Re: Gutted

Hi, I am applying for the 139 visa too. I read your post and I feel really sorry for you. Why do you have to wait for another 6 months? What reason did they give you? Surely when you have your qualification you can send it off to be assessed and if that is positive and you have 12 months proven experience in that job it should be fine? Hope you get it sorted. Good luck!
Old Dec 20th 2005, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

I have been told by 2 agents that I have to have 12 months experience once I am qualified. I have explained that I do not require a degree for my occupation in England but in Oz you do but they say DIMIA is becoming more strict.

They are also now querying parts of my job description which they told me were OK last year. I have experience with others in childcare and through one of my positions I also co-ordinate their professional development. I also direct and supervise childcare workers that come to me for training but because I don't actually employ them, it doesn't count.

Things are looking really bad at the moment.

Debs
Old Dec 20th 2005, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

neepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to all

Well if thats what they have advised then please just look on the bright side - think of it as one year to wait where you can concentrate on getting ahead with your job and getting some experience and then this time next year you can apply!

I had to wait 9 months longer than i thought because of defacto requirements which is really annoying but i am just going to enjoy my time in the UK til then!

Dont let it get you down - just grab a folder and collate all the stuff you are ever going to need so that when the time comes you are one step ahead! x
Old Dec 20th 2005, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

majortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nice

[QUOTE=woody1cruiser]I have been studying and working full time for as long as I can remember to enable me to have the correct qualifications for a child-care co-ordinator. As my final exam results are due out, I contacted an agent that I have spoken to before and they are now saying that I will have to wait a further 6 - 12 months from receipt of my results before I can apply for the 139 visa.

Can anyone tell me if this is a new thing or if I have been misled. I have spoken to other agents in the past but am waiting for them to come back to me on this one.

Every time submitting my application is within sight, something puts a spanner in the works.

Debs

My wife has an NNEB and 10 years experience in the field of Child care and she is in her last few months of gaining her degree in early years.

We found a company in Adelaide to sponsor her under the RSMS visa, but the regional body would not approve the nomination because the job description was for a Team leader (level 5 in child care) and a level 6 for the ASCO.

What is required is a postion of Child care coordinator(ASCO level 1).

As my wife holds the postion of Child care coordinator here in England our agent in Adelaide and my wife sponsors contacted the Department of Education.

Thier response was brilliant, they said that the whole immigration system around child care workers was wrong and that they have found it hard to get people like my wife over there.

The result was that they wrote a supporting letter on behalf of the company and my wife to the Regional body in Adelaide............and we heard last week that they have now accepted the nomination as a Child care coordinator.

We are now awaiting the next stage of the RSMS.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

I would be really interested in hearing moe about this. Are you willing to share your experience?

Debs
Old Dec 20th 2005, 2:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

You do have to have experience, I was in the same predicament. I have to work 12 months before I could apply and had to sit a two year degree

lace
Old Dec 20th 2005, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have just submitted the last examination for my degree in childcare and education. I fill all the criteria for the skill but as I don't actually work in the correct setting, they say it doesn't qualify.

Any info on the RSMS would be appreciated.

Debs