GSM 175 related Query

Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:09 am
Just Joined

Strikers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GSM 175 related Query

My cousin got into CSL with ASCO 2231-79 and he has got IELTS band score 7.5 ( less than 7 in speaking)

Although now he has got the required 120 points for GSM 175 visa he wants to re appear for IELTS again to get above 7 in all categories so that he will get the maximum available 25 points. He wants to do this to protect himself from the proposed point’s system changes in Apr 2010.

He wants to submit his visa application today (CSL + IELTS 6) and wants to know whether there is any provision to submit the new IELTS (provided he gets 7 in the next test) certificate in future.

According to me once you submit the application to DIAC you cannot modify the same. Points secured while submitting the application are final.

Could you please guide me on this?
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

f4fred is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GSM 175 related Query

You can submit it later too. Not a big issue, but if he is already scoring the required points, higher IELTS or higher points will make no difference.

Regards,
Fred, F.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 5:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

No need to redo IELTS, I doubt points changes would be retrospective. He should just put his app in asap.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 5:47 am
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

And even if he is persistent on IELTS just for fun,, he could upload it later too. So he can go ahead with the application!
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Strikers is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the quick response. His understanding is new points system will be applicable to all the GSM application submitted post 8th Feb 2010 and this will be retrospectively applicable to all the pending GSM applications from the date of launch of new points system.

Source : http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...oints-test.pdf
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

aspenreign is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Strikers
My cousin got into CSL with ASCO 2231-79 and he has got IELTS band score 7.5 ( less than 7 in speaking)

Although now he has got the required 120 points for GSM 175 visa he wants to re appear for IELTS again to get above 7 in all categories so that he will get the maximum available 25 points. (S)he wants to do this to protect him(her)self from the proposed point’s system changes in Apr 2010.

He wants to submit his visa application today (CSL + IELTS 6) and wants to know whether there is any provision to submit the new IELTS (provided he gets 7 in the next test) certificate in future.

According to me once you submit the application to DIAC you cannot modify the same. Points secured while submitting the application are final.

Could you please guide me on this?
One thing your cousin can do to be in a safer side against unpredictable changes on April 2010, that is : he can apply for 176 Family sponsored visa and you could be his sponsor if you are his/her first cousin. The point requirement is as less as 100 in this category .. :-)

I used to have 130 points in the point test when I lodged mine, but even then I applied 176 Family sponsored visa to be in safer side as the changes these days are frequent and somewhat unpredictable.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 8:13 pm
scb
Just Joined

scb is on a distinguished road

Strickers,

Ask your cousin not worry about future changes as Feb8th change is mainly to remove MODL to stop dodgy STUDENT to gain PR using backdoor (OZ education) .

Role is Role and at the moment, if your cousin has enough points on GSM-SKILED (120) then he should be fine or if you can sponcer you can sure do that but you cant say points will go up from April/May as your brother is not an ASTROLOGER!!!