GSM (175) Online Application

Old May 28th 2012, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

khanyawar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GSM (175) Online Application

I am applying for GSM Subclass 175 as the main applicant with my wife and my 4 year old son included in the application. I have already gained my skills assessment and required IELTS score.

My queries:
1) I gathered that after I submit the online application, I will be shown the documents check-list by the online system and i have to upload scanned copies of my original documents. I do NOT need to submit any other form by courier (i.e. Form 47A and Form 80.) Is this correct or am i missing anything?

2) Since this is an online application, I will be submitting scanned copies of my original document so there is no need to have certified copies at all. Correct?

3) My wife just gave her IELTS test so should i wait for her result or launch the online application straightaway? Will i be able to add her test result at a later stage? How will that impact the application process?

Appreciate your help very much.
Old May 28th 2012, 11:59 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GSM (175) Online Application

Originally Posted by khanyawar
I am applying for GSM Subclass 175 as the main applicant with my wife and my 4 year old son included in the application. I have already gained my skills assessment and required IELTS score.

My queries:
1) I gathered that after I submit the online application, I will be shown the documents check-list by the online system and i have to upload scanned copies of my original documents. I do NOT need to submit any other form by courier (i.e. Form 47A and Form 80.) Is this correct or am i missing anything?

2) Since this is an online application, I will be submitting scanned copies of my original document so there is no need to have certified copies at all. Correct?

3) My wife just gave her IELTS test so should i wait for her result or launch the online application straightaway? Will i be able to add her test result at a later stage? How will that impact the application process?

Do not send copies unless specifically requested by DIAC. Colour copies do not need to be certified.

DIAC website says that family IELTS can be sent in at the request of the CO.
Old May 28th 2012, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for the reply. feeling awkward now that I have had all my documents certified...

About my wife's IELTS. The online application asks whether spouse has given IELTS or not. I assume that they ask this because they need to decide whether the applicant has to pay 2nd Installment fees or not.

So should I wait for my wife's IELTS results which should be in on 11th June? or should I launch the application and add the result later on?

thanks
Old May 28th 2012, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

emonje is an unknown quantity at this point

"... you must provide evidence that any secondary applicants 18 years or over included in the application have at least functional English.

This evidence should be provided when requested by the case officer and before the visa is granted." Quotd from http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ish-family.htm.

I submitted my wife's IELTS result ~1 year after lodging my 175 app, didn't matter.
Old May 29th 2012, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Thanks emonje.

I hope they ask for it before the 2 year IELTS validity time!

Can you please comment of my question #1 also, its in the first post.

Old May 29th 2012, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

emonje is an unknown quantity at this point

What newjersey said, you don't need to send any document physically unless specifically asked for. Fill up the forms, print (or print then fill up), sign, scan & send the scanned images.

I didn't bother print--scan, just digitally signed most of my forms & that was ok too.
Old May 29th 2012, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

can you tell me what were those forms that you filled?
Old May 29th 2012, 11:29 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks emonje.

I hope they ask for it before the 2 year IELTS validity time!

Can you please comment of my question #1 also, its in the first post.

can you tell me what were those forms that you filled?
you are joking, right?
Old May 29th 2012, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

i just asked for confirmation of my understanding. I will try to explain better this time;

Looking at the checklist for the physical application, it says that i would need following forms;
1276 - Application for general skilled migration to Australia
80 - particulars for character assessment
47a - Details of child or other dependent family member

But when I fill an online application, the questions in it are covering form 1276 questions. Where do the forms 80 and 47a go in this case?

hope i made myself clear.
Old May 29th 2012, 11:58 am

i just asked for confirmation of my understanding. I will try to explain better this time;

Looking at the checklist for the physical application, it says that i would need following forms;
1276 - Application for general skilled migration to Australia
80 - particulars for character assessment
47a - Details of child or other dependent family member

But when I fill an online application, the questions in it are covering form 1276 questions. Where do the forms 80 and 47a go in this case?

hope i made myself clear.

My queries:

Ok, lets try doing it this way, using your own words.
Old May 29th 2012, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

When i wrote I will be submitting scanned copies of my original document i mean my documents (ID, Experience, Education etc).

I think what you are trying to imply is that I should fill the forms 80 and 47a and submit them electronically (like my orignal documents).

Just tell me I am correct or making a mistake anywhere
Old May 29th 2012, 12:46 pm

No, no, it's fun, let's keep on going, perhaps someone else needs this explained again.

One:
Originally Posted by newjersey
Do not send copies unless specifically requested by DIAC. Colour copies do not need to be certified.

DIAC website says that family IELTS can be sent in at the request of the CO.
Two:
Originally Posted by emonje
What newjersey said, you don't need to send any document physically unless specifically asked for. Fill up the forms, print (or print then fill up), sign, scan & send the scanned images.

I didn't bother print--scan, just digitally signed most of my forms & that was ok too.
Three:
Please do not send documents to CO.

Four:
You can upload your documents electronically.

Five:
It is possible to scan documents and send them to your CO through electronic system

Six:
You will be applying electronically, you do not need send documents by mail

If there is anything else BE can do for you, do ask.

PS> "Original documents" in plain English mean just that, original, not copies.
Old May 29th 2012, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, but you assumed that i did not understand what you are trying to tell me. I understand what original documents mean and that I can submit them electronically. I also understand that I will find out what needs to be submitted in support of my application when I pay the fees online and get a Transaction Reference Number.

I was consufed about the other DIAC forms (47a and 80), which I understand will be submitted electronically after I submit my application. that is why i asked what forms did emonje submit so that i know for sure that i am on the right path. I simply asked for confirmation whether i understood everything correctly or not.

thanks for your sarcastic but valuable input and it did help me in one way or another.
Old May 29th 2012, 1:06 pm

Naah, I did not help much, you were talking to yourself and convinced yourself of something or other without our help pretty much. So thank yourself, and ask away.
Old May 30th 2012, 6:22 am
uzi
Java Dweeb

uzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud of

To beat around the bush again, our agent didn't submit any "original" document, rather scanned images of attested photocopies, except for one original color scan which I submitted towards the end of my application (it was for new passport of my wife). Hence you are allowed both, scanned images of original as well as scanned images of attested copies.

You are suppose to fill form 80 and other forms etc., take a print out, sign them, scan them and then attach to the case. If you are a nerd like me, you can edit the PDF document, paste your signature image and regenerate your PDF again (hence avoiding wasting paper) and attach them to the case.

In summary, we didn't send any physical paper document to DIAC, period!

Good luck.

Usman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.