Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

GSM 175 :: Is birth certificate mandatory ?

GSM 175 :: Is birth certificate mandatory ?

Old Dec 10th 2009, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

oliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to all
Default GSM 175 :: Is birth certificate mandatory ?

Hi all,

For ACS, you can provide passport as alternate to birth certificate. My question is that is birth certificate necessary for lodging the GSM 175 application or can we provide some alternate like passport ?
Old Dec 10th 2009, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

charw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant future
Default Re: GSM 175 :: Is birth certificate mandatory ?

Originally Posted by oliman
Hi all,

For ACS, you can provide passport as alternate to birth certificate. My question is that is birth certificate necessary for lodging the GSM 175 application or can we provide some alternate like passport ?
What has happened to your birth certificate?. Best way to clear this doubt is to apply for a new one if you have lost it & then translate into English if its not in English. Finally upload both in color. So you will not have killing pain thinking whether that will be a concern with you not submitting the birth certificate..
Old Dec 11th 2009, 6:09 am
Siozakk

khurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nice

Originally Posted by oliman
Hi all,

Sending birth certificate is not necessary. They ask you for a document that contains names of your both parents (father and mother) and your date of birth. Passport contains your date of birth but not the name of your both parents. If your government issues any other such document (like in Pakistan, government issues "Family Registration Certificate" (FRC) which contains names of all family members with their both parents' names and dates of birth), you can send that document to them as I and my friend as well, did (and he has got visa in november), as here in Pakistan, it is very difficult for us to get birth certificates after a certain age so we sent FRC and that was accepted.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 6:11 am
Siozakk

khurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nice

By the way he didn't send birth certificates of even her daughters. DIAC asked for their birth certificates but he said that its hard for me to get birth certificates for my daughters and I have sent FRC to you which is issued by the government of Pakistan and it contains all the information you need. They were satisfied with his answer and were happy with FRC then.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

oliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to all

Thank you so much for such a valueable information khurram
Old Dec 15th 2009, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

bhatti81 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by khurram
Sending birth certificate is not necessary. They ask you for a document that contains names of your both parents (father and mother) and your date of birth. Passport contains your date of birth but not the name of your both parents. If your government issues any other such document (like in Pakistan, government issues "Family Registration Certificate" (FRC) which contains names of all family members with their both parents' names and dates of birth), you can send that document to them as I and my friend as well, did (and he has got visa in november), as here in Pakistan, it is very difficult for us to get birth certificates after a certain age so we sent FRC and that was accepted.
Khurram, I am an applicant from Pakistan and facing similar issues for me and my wife's birth certificate. Thanks for clarifying this isn't a compulsory document. So, this FRC, is that issued by Nadra against new ID cards or do you mean the old BForm that has everyone from the family listed? Can you please specify the process of obtaining FRC?
Old Dec 15th 2009, 5:30 am
Siozakk

Originally Posted by bhatti81
Khurram, I am an applicant from Pakistan and facing similar issues for me and my wife's birth certificate. Thanks for clarifying this isn't a compulsory document. So, this FRC, is that issued by Nadra against new ID cards or do you mean the old BForm that has everyone from the family listed? Can you please specify the process of obtaining FRC?
go to NADRA and tell them that u want a marriage based FRC (that will not include ur parents and bro/sis etc but only u, ur wife and children). They will charge Rs. 500 and issue the FRC straight away. u, ur wife and children should go with u as FRC also contains photographs and will have to take everyone's photograph and also take ur original NIC's with u. it will contain name of father, name of mother, date of birth of all applicants.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

charw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by khurram
go to NADRA and tell them that u want a marriage based FRC (that will not include ur parents and bro/sis etc but only u, ur wife and children). They will charge Rs. 500 and issue the FRC straight away. u, ur wife and children should go with u as FRC also contains photographs and will have to take everyone's photograph and also take ur original NIC's with u. it will contain name of father, name of mother, date of birth of all applicants.
Good stuff? Is this Pakistan specific?
Old Dec 15th 2009, 7:59 am
Siozakk

Originally Posted by charw
Good stuff? Is this Pakistan specific?
yes this is Pakistan specific. NADRA is the organisation authorized to issue such documents and national identity cards here.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

FriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Khurram,

This will also usefull for me. By the way how long they take to issue this FRC ?
Old Dec 15th 2009, 9:05 am
Siozakk

Originally Posted by FriendForEver
Thanks Khurram,

This will also usefull for me. By the way how long they take to issue this FRC ?
They issue FRC straightaway, on the same day. They just have to take a print out after taking photographs.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 10:16 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

would you clarify highlighted please, i spoke to nadra officer she said my elder brother in not listed in FRC, so need to do more work
Old Dec 15th 2009, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

bhatti81 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by shafaqat309

would you clarify highlighted please, i spoke to nadra officer she said my elder brother in not listed in FRC, so need to do more work
The FRC is *family* based i.e. If you are married and ask for your FRC, it'll be you, your wife and your children (who should be registered with Nadra by providing them the birth certificate). I registered my son last week and they took around 3 days (on priority processing charging 500). The document that they gave me included me, my wife and son. They did take pictures of the mother and finger prints since she was in queue but IIRC, they do not put any pictures on the document. I hope I am referring to the right document (Khurram?)...

If however you ask the FRC of your father/mother, then it'll include your parents, you and your siblings. Including any of the missing people in the list shouldn't be difficult as long as you have their NICs.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 10:47 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

The FRC is *family* based i.e. If you are married and ask for your FRC, it'll be you, your wife and your children (who should be registered with Nadra by providing them the birth certificate). I registered my son last week and they took around 3 days (on priority processing charging 500). The document that they gave me included me, my wife and son. They did take pictures of the mother and finger prints since she was in queue but IIRC, they do not put any pictures on the document. I hope I am referring to the right document (Khurram?)...

If however you ask the FRC of your father/mother, then it'll include your parents, you and your siblings. Including any of the missing people in the list shouldn't be difficult as long as you have their NICs.
The problem is that i can get id cards of my brothers, sisters and wife but i don't have id card of my parents at the moment they are in mecca(Hajj). will they accept?
what i noticed from your post is i have to ask for 2 FRCs, one for me and wife and second for me, parents, brothers and sisters, right?
Old Dec 15th 2009, 10:52 am
Siozakk

yes u r right except that family based FRC includes ur parents, bros/sis's etc and marriage based FRC includes u, ur wife and children only so, for DIAC, marriage based FRC works. The document u r referring to is usually called Form B here and now a days the title of the document is not Form B but "18 saal se kam umar bachon ka certificate" and it is in urdu, whereas FRC is in english. They take pictures for Form B but pictures are not included in Form B whereas FRC contains the pictures. You just went to get your children registered with NADRA and they issued u a certificate of their registration. That is not FRC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.