Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Great speed DIAC of allocation of CO for CSL

Great speed DIAC of allocation of CO for CSL

Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great speed DIAC of allocation of CO for CSL

Originally Posted by sco
DIAC's answer - 3 March. You are right, 2 weeks. And I'm still waiting a CO and request(PCC, medicine).
So by now you should have a CO, and my guess is they didn't require any thing from you.
I would say be prepared for a grant

good luck
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:29 pm
sco
Just Joined

sco is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mavios
So by now you should have a CO, and my guess is they didn't require any thing from you.
I would say be prepared for a grant

good luck
I sent them PCC and Meds in dec '07, just when they requested. But now PCC's and Meds's lifetime is over, and i'm waiting a new request.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sco
I sent them PCC and Meds in dec '07, just when they requested. But now PCC's and Meds's lifetime is over, and i'm waiting a new request.
I think they will request PCC and Meds after they check all the documents first, To my understanding they always ask for PCC and Meds in the final stage after they have all the requirements met.

Good Luck
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sco
What do you mean 'just when they requested'? If you didn't and don't have a CO they can't have been requested so you shouldn't have sent them
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slackbloke
What do you mean 'just when they requested'? If you didn't and don't have a CO they can't have been requested so you shouldn't have sent them
I think he means the fact the PCC and MEDs usually being required at the time of application. Also agents had a common practice at that time (dec 2007) to request from the applicant to front load PCC and MEDs
Old Mar 14th 2009, 12:56 am
sco
Just Joined

sco is an unknown quantity at this point

The PCC and Meds were requested two days after lodgement by the Diac(they asked to complete it within 28 days, as usual). They(PCC and Meds) could be requested not only by CO. My agent say: there are a lot of common clerks, who requested different docs (e.g. 1022form, reference letters, another necessary docs), and inspected the case. And when case is proved, it is allocated to CO tomake a decision on visa. it was before priority changes.

By now the allocation to CO depends on priority.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sco
The PCC and Meds were requested two days after lodgement by the Diac(they asked to complete it within 28 days, as usual). They(PCC and Meds) could be requested not only by CO. My agent say: there are a lot of common clerks, who requested different docs (e.g. 1022form, reference letters, another necessary docs), and inspected the case. And when case is proved, it is allocated to CO tomake a decision on visa. it was before priority changes.

By now the allocation to CO depends on priority.
DIAC ask you not to submit PCC and Meds unless specifically requested to by a CO. The description your agent has given doesn't seem to match with the process often described on this forum; nothing is requested until a CO is assigned as far as I understand it. In fact there was a thread yesterday saying the visas are normally provisionally approved with the final step being the meds and PCC, there is no point them being requested unless all the other paperwork has been checked. Your case seems to be very unusual.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 8:49 am
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of

DIAC ask you not to submit PCC and Meds unless specifically requested to by a CO. The description your agent has given doesn't seem to match with the process often described on this forum; nothing is requested until a CO is assigned as far as I understand it. In fact there was a thread yesterday saying the visas are normally provisionally approved with the final step being the meds and PCC, there is no point them being requested unless all the other paperwork has been checked. Your case seems to be very unusual.
The statement advising applicants to NOT complete their medicals & PCC's unless asked for, has only come up quite recentley - I think after December 17th.

Before that, DIAC would normally email you, along with the acknowledgement and fee reciept, a document checklist asking you to upload all the required documents (on the checklist) with in 28 days. The health requirements and form 47 overseas panel clearence would read 'required' .. So most of the applicants who didn't hire an agent, frontloaded their PCC's and Medicals just to be on the safe side.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

coops432 is on a distinguished road

An extract from some of my docs...

Health and Character Checking
Applicants can reduce the time taken to finalise the application by commencing health and character checking before their application is allocated to a case officer, however, applicants and migration agents should be aware that:
o Applicants are responsible for all costs associated with medical examinations and providing police clearances;
o Health examinations and police clearances have limited validity periods, generally for a period of 12 months;
o If clearances expire before the application is finalised they may be requested again, and must be provided at the applicant’s cost;
o The ASPC may need to undertake other checking in respect of the application that can delay a decision; and
o Undertaking health examinations and providing police clearances does not guarantee an application will be successful.
As advised above applicants and Agents can monitor which applications are currently being allocated for assessing when deciding when to undertake health and character procedures.
Important: Applicants are not required to undertake these checks now and can wait until requested to do so by the case officer assessing their application.
Non-migrating family members of SIR visa applicants do not need to undertake health and character checking.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Roni is an unknown quantity at this point

My friend slackbloke,

If you will read the acknol. letter recived you will see that they said that if you want the proces to be faster you can make the med and pcc
Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Roni
My friend slackbloke,

If you will read the acknol. letter recived you will see that they said that if you want the proces to be faster you can make the med and pcc
I have an acknowledgement email from July and it does NOT say submitting the meds and pcc upfront will speed up the process.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by coops432
An extract from some of my docs...

Applicants can reduce the time taken to finalise the application by commencing health and character checking before their application is allocated to a case officer, however, applicants and migration agents should be aware that:
o Applicants are responsible for all costs associated with medical examinations and providing police clearances;
o Health examinations and police clearances have limited validity periods, generally for a period of 12 months;
o If clearances expire before the application is finalised they may be requested again, and must be provided at the applicant’s cost;
o The ASPC may need to undertake other checking in respect of the application that can delay a decision; and
o Undertaking health examinations and providing police clearances does not guarantee an application will be successful.
As advised above applicants and Agents can monitor which applications are currently being allocated for assessing when deciding when to undertake health and character procedures.
Important: Applicants are not required to undertake these checks now and can wait until requested to do so by the case officer assessing their application.
Non-migrating family members of SIR visa applicants do not need to undertake health and character checking.
This is interesting, did you receive this at application time or afterwards? Did you do an online or paper application?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

I have an acknowledgement email from July and it does NOT say submitting the meds and pcc upfront will speed up the process.
Applicants can reduce the time taken to finalise the application by commencing health and character checking before their application is allocated to a case officer. Please refer to the sections on health and character checking in the attachment.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Roni
Applicants can reduce the time taken to finalise the application by commencing health and character checking before their application is allocated to a case officer. Please refer to the sections on health and character checking in the attachment.
Sorry, I have idea what you are talking about. What attachment?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Sorry, I have idea what you are talking about. What attachment?
what you have recived with ack letter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.