Got Visa Today!

Old May 2nd 2009, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

mscrashed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got Visa Today!

which bank u work for? have u applied from Bangladesh?
Old May 2nd 2009, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

letusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Axel
CONGRATULATIONS

We can shake hands, got visa today also.
Congratulations
Old May 5th 2009, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Craigandleigh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by the_gripmaster
I got a straight grant in my Inbox today in the morning! CO did not even contact or ask me for anything (I am from a HR country). Here is my timeline:

Mar 2008: IELTS (R 9, W 7.5, L 7, S 6.5, Ov 7.5)
Jul 2008: ACS (MODL refused)
Oct 2008: ACS (MODL - Linux)
Oct 2008: GSM 175 Online (CSL+MODL)
Feb 2009: Sent Meds
Mar 2009: Sent PCC
23 Apr 2009: Application being processed further
30 Apr 2009: Application being processed further (Meds finalized)
01 May 2009: Visa Grant Letter (document status still shows "required"!!! )

I must enter Australia by March 2010.

Thanks to everyone who supported me in this forum.
Hi Gripmaster

I am looking to apply using the ACS (MODL - Linux) myself. I noticed that you were initially refused on your first application to the MODL. Is there some advice you have that i may find useful when i am applying to the ACS under the MODL - Linux occupation?

I could not find any information on what prerequisites are required in order to apply to the ACS for MODL - Linux.

I work mainly with health informatics systems but they all run on Solaris, Unix and Linux OSs which i also install, configure and maintain.

I have an MCSE and a Comptia Linux Plus qualifications which i hope to use along with a few years experience with using Linux on a daily basis.

Do you think this would be adequate for the ACS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 6th 2009, 4:22 am
Banned

zaneer is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Got Visa Today!

Originally Posted by Craigandleigh
Hi Gripmaster

Hi Craig,
if you wouldnt mind, i will provide you a few tips. My ACS assessment is in process currently (2231-79, LINUX), well i did contact Gripmaster earlier, and he provided me good tips. He was refused first time by ACS, since his employer reference was not detailed. Well, when he applied, he was not RHCE certified or so, but now he is. So, let me ask you a few questions,

1)Do you have a degree major in IT? (with 4yrs work experience in IT and Linux?
2)Or, do you have 6yrs work experience in IT and linux? with some vendor certs like RHCE, certs from LPI or Comptia Linux+ etc. etc (i think you have linux+ cert from comptia)
3) So, basically you can go to ACS website and refer their guidelines and FAQ. Either you must have a degree major in IT (Comparable to Australian qualification (AQF) standards and 4yrs IT experience closer to MODL claim- Linux) or You should have vendor certs and 6yrs exp in IT closer to MODL claim

If you have one of the above, then all you need is to get a detailed employer reference stating your work details (projects handled, systems used, software and tools operated etc etc). Please refer to my previous posts by clicking on both the links below:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=298

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...12#post7502912

If you dont have any of the above, then you have other options like RPL (recognition of prior learning) and Group C (Recent graduates of Australian University- if you are one)

Best Regards
ZANE

Last edited by zaneer; May 6th 2009 at 4:26 am.
Old May 6th 2009, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

the_gripmaster will become famous soon enoughthe_gripmaster will become famous soon enough

Hi Gripmaster

I am looking to apply using the ACS (MODL - Linux) myself. I noticed that you were initially refused on your first application to the MODL. Is there some advice you have that i may find useful when i am applying to the ACS under the MODL - Linux occupation?

I could not find any information on what prerequisites are required in order to apply to the ACS for MODL - Linux.

I work mainly with health informatics systems but they all run on Solaris, Unix and Linux OSs which i also install, configure and maintain.

I have an MCSE and a Comptia Linux Plus qualifications which i hope to use along with a few years experience with using Linux on a daily basis.

Zane has already given you some advice.

All, except CISSP, professions in MODL relating to Computing Professionals does not necessarily require you to have Pro Certification, but it does not hurt to get/have a certifcation to strengthen your claim. A very detailed employers' referece is adequate for claiming MODL points.
Old May 6th 2009, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

Craigandleigh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zaneer
Hi Craig,
if you wouldnt mind, i will provide you a few tips. My ACS assessment is in process currently (2231-79, LINUX), well i did contact Gripmaster earlier, and he provided me good tips. He was refused first time by ACS, since his employer reference was not detailed. Well, when he applied, he was not RHCE certified or so, but now he is. So, let me ask you a few questions,

1)Do you have a degree major in IT? (with 4yrs work experience in IT and Linux?
2)Or, do you have 6yrs work experience in IT and linux? with some vendor certs like RHCE, certs from LPI or Comptia Linux+ etc. etc (i think you have linux+ cert from comptia)
3) So, basically you can go to ACS website and refer their guidelines and FAQ. Either you must have a degree major in IT (Comparable to Australian qualification (AQF) standards and 4yrs IT experience closer to MODL claim- Linux) or You should have vendor certs and 6yrs exp in IT closer to MODL claim

If you have one of the above, then all you need is to get a detailed employer reference stating your work details (projects handled, systems used, software and tools operated etc etc). Please refer to my previous posts by clicking on both the links below:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=298

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...12#post7502912

If you dont have any of the above, then you have other options like RPL (recognition of prior learning) and Group C (Recent graduates of Australian University- if you are one)

Best Regards
ZANE
Hi Zane

Huge thank you for your help and good luck on your application.

I have over 7yrs experiance in IT with an MCSE and Comptia Linux plus qualification.

I do not hold a degree.

Do you know if I need to complete the "Application for skills assesment" form along with detailed references from employers in the last six years,

or

"Recognition of prior learning" application form along with detailed references from employers and two project reports?

Many thanks,
Craig
Old May 6th 2009, 4:55 pm
Banned

zaneer is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Got Visa Today!

Hi Zane

Huge thank you for your help and good luck on your application.

I have over 7yrs experiance in IT with an MCSE and Comptia Linux plus qualification.

I do not hold a degree.

Do you know if I need to complete the "Application for skills assesment" form along with detailed references from employers in the last six years,

or

"Recognition of prior learning" application form along with detailed references from employers and two project reports?

Many thanks,
Craig

Dear Craig,
I would say RPL is better. Even though its a bit of hard work, it discloses your technical experience in detail and hence more chances to turn out positive. Search the BE forum posts for collecting ideas on RPL applications

Best Regards
ZANE