British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Got the visa stamp back (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/got-visa-stamp-back-316768/)

Rob Morton-Jone Jul 29th 2005 6:37 am

Got the visa stamp back

Just thought that i would let you all know that we sent our passports to AHC on Tuesday morning, 4 hours after receiving the visa grant letter via e-mail, and they are now back in our possession, three days later.

What a turn around and in under 3 days:)

All that stress for a little bit of paper:)

Rob

TheRossers Jul 29th 2005 7:08 am

Re: Got the visa stamp back

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Just thought that i would let you all know that we sent our passports to AHC on Tuesday morning, 4 hours after receiving the visa grant letter via e-mail, and they are now back in our possession, three days later.

Rob

Cool, we sent ours off yesterday to our agent, good job it's a quick turn around 'cos were off in less than 3 weeks :D
As they say the best things come in small packages, and I doubt there's much smaller or greater than that bit of paper !!

bridiej Jul 29th 2005 7:15 am

Blimey, that's quick!!!!

Brisben Jul 29th 2005 7:23 am

Congrats Rob, when you going ? has it been decided yet ?

Anne4Terry Jul 29th 2005 7:31 am

Cool! It's really real now :)

Rabc Jul 29th 2005 7:37 am

Rob

I sent ours off Tuesday before last and heard nothing! I suppose our sticking it in the passport officer has gone on leave until October!! (Or Royal Mail have managed to make it a full house and have lost it!! - Surely they wouldnt loose Special Delivery would they?)

bridiej Jul 29th 2005 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Rabc
I sent ours off Tuesday before last and heard nothing! I suppose our sticking it in the passport officer has gone on leave until October!! (Or Royal Mail have managed to make it a full house and have lost it!! - Surely they wouldnt loose Special Delivery would they?)

Ahhhhh, poor Rab!!! ;)

Rich and Angie Jul 29th 2005 8:15 am

Rob

Thats brillian so when do you go????

Wickedsid Jul 29th 2005 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Rabc

For crying out loud are they picking on you again !
Good job your leaving the country, your going to end up with a complex about royal mail!

Try not to worry
Carole

Rabc Jul 29th 2005 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
For crying out loud are they picking on you again !
Good job your leaving the country, your going to end up with a complex about royal mail!

Try not to worry
Carole

He He, You can't ring the AHC either. Does seem to be me doesnt it!

I cant remember actually putting an envolope in with the letter, Special Delivery slip and postage so I sent them one with a covering letter today. (might have done, might not)

I can't even think about the prospect of the loss of our passports!

claire edwards Jul 29th 2005 11:10 am

no flies on you is there rob!?!?

wmoore Jul 29th 2005 11:37 am

Rob

That's quick Rob. All that hassle for something that looks like a rail ticket eh? :D

So what are the plans now?

Brisben Jul 29th 2005 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by wmoore
That's quick Rob. All that hassle for something that looks like a rail ticket eh? :D

Congrats Rob.

Howdie WM, Hows things going for you ????

wmoore Jul 29th 2005 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Brisben
Congrats Rob.

Howdie WM, Hows things going for you ????

Good ta. Picked up the "Your keys to driving in Queensland" book today so I can take my test next week. I'm also gonna start making an effort to find a job next week too, though I do have one interview already despite not doing much :) I need to speak to the nice lady on Tuesday to arrange the date / time.

jeeva Jul 29th 2005 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by wmoore

Yeah, it certainly looks like those orangy train tickets. Very hard to get though