Got STNI, what now?

Old Nov 22nd 2002, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

poggle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got STNI, what now?

Hi All!

My Application for PR under skilled ind. 136 was received in Adelaide in May this year. I recently applied to the Vic Gov. for State Nomination, which has been accepted and confirmed this week.

I have sent in my Medicals and Police Checks for myself and spouse, without them being requested, so as far as im aware, Adelaide now have all the documentation they need to process my application, now that its been 'prioritised'. So my question is this, 'Now what?' Am i in for another long wait, and hearing nothing from DIMIA?

Can anyone shed some light on how the process works from here on? and give me a rough idea of timescales? how long is it before DIMIA are aware of my success with STNI?

Also, I have not made any attempt to contact adelaide/our case officer yet, but now I would like to. Is it advisable? or is it best not to contact them? I would like to know if they do actually have all the Documents i've sent, and to request, they correspond using email wherever possible, from now on, to avoid the delays with 'snail' mail, especially at this time of year with the xmas post!!

I check austimeline regularly, but there dosent seem to be anyone with a case like mine. My Occupation is on the DIMIA MODL and also on the vic gov. MODL. I have a job offer too which I want to start ASAP!

Sorry for 'going on' and seeming incredibly impatient, seeing as there are loads of you out there who've been waiting far longer than us, but any advice on the above will as always, be very much appreciated!

Thanks!!
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 9:29 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got STNI, what now?

Hi Poggle.

The letter from the Skilled Migration Unit in Melbourne should have asked you to provide your DIMIA File Reference number - so first base is to provide that if you haven't done so already.

I would also take the initiative by emailing DIMIA with a copy of the letter from Melbourne (the Skilled Migration Unit usually confirm nomination by way of an emailed letter to the applicant/agent), asking DIMIA to let you know if they need any more information (form 80 for example).

Hope this helps - keep us informed!

Best regards.

Originally posted by poggle
Hi All!

My Application for PR under skilled ind. 136 was received in Adelaide in May this year. I recently applied to the Vic Gov. for State Nomination, which has been accepted and confirmed this week.

I have sent in my Medicals and Police Checks for myself and spouse, without them being requested, so as far as im aware, Adelaide now have all the documentation they need to process my application, now that its been 'prioritised'. So my question is this, 'Now what?' Am i in for another long wait, and hearing nothing from DIMIA?

Can anyone shed some light on how the process works from here on? and give me a rough idea of timescales? how long is it before DIMIA are aware of my success with STNI?

Also, I have not made any attempt to contact adelaide/our case officer yet, but now I would like to. Is it advisable? or is it best not to contact them? I would like to know if they do actually have all the Documents i've sent, and to request, they correspond using email wherever possible, from now on, to avoid the delays with 'snail' mail, especially at this time of year with the xmas post!!

I check austimeline regularly, but there dosent seem to be anyone with a case like mine. My Occupation is on the DIMIA MODL and also on the vic gov. MODL. I have a job offer too which I want to start ASAP!

Sorry for 'going on' and seeming incredibly impatient, seeing as there are loads of you out there who've been waiting far longer than us, but any advice on the above will as always, be very much appreciated!

Thanks!!
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 2:19 pm
Sdw

Default Re: Got STNI, what now?

Congratulations on your STNI nomination poggle! May I ask when you
applied, how long it took for nomination to be granted after
application, and what your MODL skill is?

Thanks!
poggle wrote in message news:...
    > Hi All!
    >
    >
    > My Application for PR under skilled ind. 136 was received in
    > Adelaide in May this year. I recently applied to the Vic Gov.
    > for State Nomination, which has been accepted and confirmed
    > this week.
    >
    > I have sent in my Medicals and Police Checks for myself and
    > spouse, without them being requested, so as far as im aware,
    > Adelaide now have all the documentation they need to process my
    > application, now that its been 'prioritised'. So my question is
    > this, 'Now what?' Am i in for another long wait, and hearing
    > nothing from DIMIA?
    >
    > Can anyone shed some light on how the process works from here on?
    > and give me a rough idea of timescales? how long is it before
    > DIMIA are aware of my success with STNI?
    >
    > Also, I have not made any attempt to contact adelaide/our case
    > officer yet, but now I would like to. Is it advisable? or is it
    > best not to contact them? I would like to know if they do
    > actually have all the Documents i've sent, and to request, they
    > correspond using email wherever possible, from now on, to avoid
    > the delays with 'snail' mail, especially at this time of year
    > with the xmas post!!
    >
    > I check austimeline regularly, but there dosent seem to be anyone
    > with a case like mine. My Occupation is on the DIMIA MODL and
    > also on the vic gov. MODL. I have a job offer too which I want to
    > start ASAP!
    >
    > Sorry for 'going on' and seeming incredibly impatient, seeing as
    > there are loads of you out there who've been waiting far longer
    > than us, but any advice on the above will as always, be very much
    > appreciated!
    >
    > Thanks!!

Old Nov 22nd 2002, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

poggle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alan,

Thanks a lot! Yes, I have already given my File no. to the Skilled Migration Unit, and they sent my letter of acceptance as an email with attachment.

I will now email DIMIA and send them the STNI letter as you advised.

Im now a bit confused about the form 80! ive only just looked into this in the last few days, as its been mentioned a lot on this forum lately. Ive got a copy of it from the immi.gov.au site and having read it, it seems that most/all the info has been given already in the main application form 47sk? I will fill it in anyway and send it to Adelaide. Apart from this, i think they now have everything they need , so can you give me even the roughest idea of how much longer the process will take! Thanks again!

Cheers!