Got STNI from Victoria SMU !!!!

Old Feb 3rd 2003, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

carlitos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got STNI from Victoria SMU !!!!

Hi

Today I received a letter from Vic. SMU stating I have been nominated for STNI (applied 19/10/2002) under ASCO 2231-19 Systems Programmer

I only have a question about processing times....
My spouse does not add points to my application, so she is planning to seat for IELTS on May, 10 th

If I sent 47SK now, under STNI-Skilled Indep., could I risk the case officer to ask me for my spouse's IELTS results before May ?

Thank you
Old Feb 3rd 2003, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

lace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant future
Default Re: Got STNI from Victoria SMU !!!!

hi there, was just wondering it took about 4 months... does that mean now u have to wait another year or so for your immigrations application to go through/????
i have also just sent a resume to VIC (SMU) any tips u could give would be much appreciated

|ace

Hi

Today I received a letter from Vic. SMU stating I have been nominated for STNI (applied 19/10/2002) under ASCO 2231-19 Systems Programmer

My spouse does not add points to my application, so she is planning to seat for IELTS on May, 10 th

If I sent 47SK now, under STNI-Skilled Indep., could I risk the case officer to ask me for my spouse's IELTS results before May ?

Thank you [/QUOTE]
Old Feb 3rd 2003, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, it took about 4 months. I sent a short resume (almost the same sent to ACS for skills assessment) stating my experience and skills.

I asked my current employer for the same references sent to ACS, by electronic means, so I attached them to my CV.

From now on, it depends on DIMIA processing times for PR-STNI, may be between 6-10 months

Originally posted by lace
hi there, was just wondering it took about 4 months... does that mean now u have to wait another year or so for your immigrations application to go through/????
i have also just sent a resume to VIC (SMU) any tips u could give would be much appreciated

|ace

Hi

Thank you
[/QUOTE]
Old Feb 3rd 2003, 6:51 pm
Khawar

Could you please tell me the exact procedure to be followed when
applying under State Sponsored - Victoria;

Do we need to submit a saperate application or just send the resume.

Is the skill assessment mandatory before submitting the case for State
Sponsorship.

Can there be parallel submission of cases both to DIMA and state.

Old Feb 3rd 2003, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

skill assessment is not req'd before applying for stni in vic.

go to their website and read what they ask you to do then fire off an email outlining your skills and desires etc

cheers

richard
Old Feb 3rd 2003, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

you dont need to apply for skills assessment before submitting for STNI.
If you receive an STNI nomination and then apply for a PR visa you will need your skills assessed for the competent authority

Also, you can apply first for PR, and then for STNI. If you receive a nomination you must then advice DIMIA to change to STNI subclass

Originally posted by Khawar
Could you please tell me the exact procedure to be followed when
applying under State Sponsored - Victoria;

Do we need to submit a saperate application or just send the resume.

Is the skill assessment mandatory before submitting the case for State
Sponsorship.

Can there be parallel submission of cases both to DIMA and state.
Old Feb 4th 2003, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

smiths2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by carlitos
Hi,

you dont need to apply for skills assessment before submitting for STNI.
If you receive an STNI nomination and then apply for a PR visa you will need your skills assessed for the competent authority

Also, you can apply first for PR, and then for STNI. If you receive a nomination you must then advice DIMIA to change to STNI subclass
The SMU will advice DIMIA of the change in visa subclass.
Mine took 8 months (got it 12/12/2002).
I applied for STNI about 1 month after DIMIA application (in April 2002). I then heard that IT was not fast-tracked and asked SMU to contact DIMIA to speed up STNI application. Which they did and it was successful.
Whatever way you go you will need Skills Assessment before DIMIA will process anything.