British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Got my 457 today :) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/got-my-457-today-562007/)

jenniferalisonuk Sep 17th 2008 8:11 am

Got my 457 today :)

Having checked my online status everyday since the 8th of august im delighted to say that i got my 457 today!!!
Wish i wrote down the exact dates of everything i got done... my medical was done on the 27th of August and it has been an unbelievably straight forward process! I kept asking my self why it was going so smoothly... my nursing registration took months!!! Anyway I thought I would share my good news and wish good luck to anyone else waiting! It does happen...
Best Birthday present ever!

AshyB Sep 17th 2008 8:17 am

Re: Got my 457 today :)

Originally Posted by jenniferalisonuk (Post 6791603)
Having checked my online status everyday since the 8th of august im delighted to say that i got my 457 today!!!
Wish i wrote down the exact dates of everything i got done... my medical was done on the 27th of August and it has been an unbelievably straight forward process! I kept asking my self why it was going so smoothly... my nursing registration took months!!! Anyway I thought I would share my good news and wish good luck to anyone else waiting! It does happen...
Best Birthday present ever!

Happy Bday and Congratulations! :thumbup:

jenniferalisonuk Sep 17th 2008 8:18 am

Originally Posted by AshyB (Post 6791620)
Happy Bday and Congratulations! :thumbup:

Thank youuuuxxxxx :)

rossy28 Sep 17th 2008 8:21 am

congratulations!!
My wife has been offered a job at sunshine coast hospital on sponsored 457 so just about to start the process!!
Where are you heading?

jenniferalisonuk Sep 17th 2008 8:25 am

Originally Posted by rossy28 (Post 6791629)
congratulations!!
My wife has been offered a job at sunshine coast hospital on sponsored 457 so just about to start the process!!
Where are you heading?

Heading to the west coast! Cant wait!! Has she got her nursing registration yet for over there? I think I only found it complicated as I am terrible at all aspects of paper work and got frustrated posting things back and forth... It seemed to take forever!

rossy28 Sep 17th 2008 8:33 am

we went over in june and sorted the registration while we were there,it arrived 3 weeks after we got back?!
Are you being sponsored by a hospital?
Ours seem ever so slow!!

Satch_Boogie Sep 17th 2008 9:36 am

Congratulations and happy birthday! You must be incredibly relieved.