going for medical tomorrow!

Old Aug 9th 2004, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

miss carol is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile going for medical tomorrow!

Hi!
I'm applying for skilled indep visa as a midwife and posted the application form on the 14th july. 7 days later my credit card was charged. i don't have a file as yet. my question is: i'm going for my medical tomorrow and the form is asking for my file number, do i just leave this blank? i want to send medicals and police checks unrequested as i have my police checks already. Can i still do this with no file number?
thanks to all who reply
carol
Old Aug 9th 2004, 5:54 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: going for medical tomorrow!

Originally Posted by miss carol
Hi!
I'm applying for skilled indep visa as a midwife and posted the application form on the 14th july. 7 days later my credit card was charged. i don't have a file as yet. my question is: i'm going for my medical tomorrow and the form is asking for my file number, do i just leave this blank? i want to send medicals and police checks unrequested as i have my police checks already. Can i still do this with no file number?
thanks to all who reply
carol

Hi Carol,

Hopefully your doctor will send the medical reports to you so that you can send the Police checks & Meds together, and enclose a note explaining when you sent the Application - is there a ref no on the credit card debit? quote that if so.

In answer to your question, DIMIA do have systems to tie things up but in your shoes I would definately send them by courier so that you know for certain that the documents have been recieved by DIMIA. Just leave the file number request blank.

Don't forget to attach the photo's to the forms before you get to the doctors.

Good Luck with it all - where are you heading for in Oz?

Last edited by arnie2oz; Aug 9th 2004 at 5:56 pm.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

Hi!
thanks to all who reply
carol
Hi Carol ...
This may or may not be a right answer ... but it's what we did !

We had our medicals done before the appplication was even filled out, and it arrived in Adelaide 1 month before our visa application did ! We just left those bits on the form blank ....
Old Aug 9th 2004, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arnie2oz
Hi Carol,

Hopefully your doctor will send the medical reports to you so that you can send the Police checks & Meds together, and enclose a note explaining when you sent the Application - is there a ref no on the credit card debit? quote that if so.

In answer to your question, DIMIA do have systems to tie things up but in your shoes I would definately send them by courier so that you know for certain that the documents have been recieved by DIMIA. Just leave the file number request blank.

Don't forget to attach the photo's to the forms before you get to the doctors.

Good Luck with it all - where are you heading for in Oz?
Graham ... you beat me to the post ! I take it you believe Nikki is no where near a PC!
Any news on the house??
Old Aug 9th 2004, 6:00 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ecando
Hi Carol ...
This may or may not be a right answer ... but it's what we did !

We had our medicals done before the appplication was even filled out, and it arrived in Adelaide 1 month before our visa application did ! We just left those bits on the form blank ....
ecando - you're a crazy man!!!! - a good guy but crazy!!!!
:-]
Old Aug 9th 2004, 6:03 pm
Keeping Busy

Graham ... you beat me to the post ! I take it you believe Nikki is no where near a PC!
Any news on the house??
Hi Buddy!

No news on house; I think Nikki may get access tomorrow so I have a limited timeframe to read all the threads I've missed since the red card!!

I may leave a full note on the 'other' thread if I have time!!!

I guess no news for you either yet! or I would have seen a BLARING HEADLINE somewhere!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Old Aug 9th 2004, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

ecando - you're a crazy man!!!! - a good guy but crazy!!!!

You know me soooo well !
We must meet up for a in Brissy....
You landing next year??
We're trying to get over before xmas ... just a little hurdle of a visa application to ge over ... but we'll still have to have a swift half on the beach front!

So ... house sold and gone yet??
Old Aug 9th 2004, 6:08 pm
Keeping Busy

You know me soooo well !
We must meet up for a in Brissy....
You landing next year??
We're trying to get over before xmas ... just a little hurdle of a visa application to ge over ... but we'll still have to have a swift half on the beach front!

So ... house sold and gone yet??
Beer - you're on!
Landing - January 2005 (....visa etc permitting)
Swift half - No - Slow pint or several -Yes!!!
House - No .... but come Sept/Oct we'll be swamped with bidders*******

Sorry, Carol, hijack of thread over now. xx
Old Aug 9th 2004, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beer - you're on!
Landing - January 2005 (....visa etc permitting)
Swift half - No - Slow pint or several -Yes!!!
House - No .... but come Sept/Oct we'll be swamped with bidders*******

Sorry, Carol, hijack of thread over now. xx
Yeah .... so sorry Carol ... arnie is sooooo bad .....!!!!!

Hopefully this pair of (semi) drunken reprobates have answered your question !

Good luck, and keep EVERYONE updated !
Old Aug 9th 2004, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply you guys! panic eased now. i just want to make sure this all goes smooth as i'm not using an agent, far to pricey for my liking. one place in scotland quoted £1300 for filling out the forms and getting documents certified!! I don't know what i would do without all the expat buds! it's been soooo valuable.
I posted the application royal mail with no probs, so you think for meds and police checks it would be better sent courier?
cheers
carol xx

Yeah .... so sorry Carol ... arnie is sooooo bad .....!!!!!

Hopefully this pair of (semi) drunken reprobates have answered your question !

Good luck, and keep EVERYONE updated !
Old Aug 9th 2004, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Miss Carol and Arnie2Oz.

I think this may apply to you (Miss Carol).....PCCs go to the CO at ASPC. Medicals go to Sydney (for applications posted after July 1st).

If you send them together one will inevitably be delayed whilst it is being forwarded to the correct address.

SS
Old Aug 9th 2004, 6:40 pm
Keeping Busy

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Miss Carol and Arnie2Oz.

I think this may apply to you (Miss Carol).....PCCs go to the CO at ASPC. Medicals go to Sydney (for applications posted after July 1st).

If you send them together one will inevitably be delayed whilst it is being forwarded to the correct address.

SS
Thanks SS; Forgot to say we sent our pre-July 1st and I forgot rule changes.
Sorry Carol - thanks again SS
Old Aug 9th 2004, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Miss Carol and Arnie2Oz.

SS

oh, you made the panic come back! sorry for being dumb here, whats the CO at ASPC? and where in Sydney do send medicals?
where did you get this info?
Old Aug 9th 2004, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

thanks, i do have the booklet but not the update, i'll have a look now. I download the updated application form but not the booklet
panic easing again!
Old Aug 9th 2004, 7:13 pm
Keeping Busy

thanks, i do have the booklet but not the update, i'll have a look now. I download the updated application form but not the booklet
panic easing again!
Aren't the addresses on the forms DIMIA sent you for meds & Police checks under the new system? I've looked on the website and at the Booklet 6 but can't see addresses mentioned just that DIMIA will contact you for these.

Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.