Going alone ????????

Old Jan 13th 2002, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Tambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant future

Hi there i am a teacher looking to apply for permanent residency in Australia.

Has anyone completed the forms themselves are they straight forward?

Do they really need an agent??

The skills assessment forms look very straight forward

please help??
Old Jan 13th 2002, 9:15 pm
A+V Johnson

Hi

As long as you do your background work and really look into the forms are self
explanatory. We applied Oct 2000 for skills assessment and PR visas and We DID NOT
use an agent and we received our visa on Dec 6th 2001 You do have to be careful that
you send the right information and that even if you send more information than needed
that's fine Good Luck Roni

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 15th 2002, 7:57 am
Nick Kalns

I would recommend you do it yourself for the following reasons;

You are then in control of everything The authorities look upon you more favourably
if you do it yourself It saves money. It should save time too

It is not difficult, just ensure you read all the documentation.

Nick

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 15th 2002, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

We didn't use an agent either. The forms are straightforward enough; there's just a lot of them and often you have to repeat information already given. Just go through it carefully and slowly and make sure you include everything they ask for. We received our acknowledgement within 10 days, and were called for our medicals three weeks later. Although we checked the box asking if we would prefer to be contacted by email, so far all the correspondence received has been through the post.
Old Jan 15th 2002, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

mxqt is an unknown quantity at this point

I did not use an agent and I regret. Countless times I had to fight with secretaries over various issues because they were poorly informed or simply were very busy. My advice would be to get an agent if you can afford. I am sure that this way one can save a lot of time and nerves.
Old Jan 15th 2002, 11:37 pm
Rob

Hi

We did the forms ourselves and they were fairly straightforward. Where do you hope to
settle here? If you want to get a teaching job, you have to register with the state
dept of education, that can take 4-6 months, I have had my interview, so should get
my teaching number to start looking for a job in the next month, I got here 14 Sept
last year. Just to warn you as you might want to start looking into doing those forms
beofre you leave the UK. Get in touch if you want any more info.

kate

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 16th 2002, 7:29 am
Mark :-\)

The authorities don't give a damn if you use an agent or not and it doesn't give you
an advantage over anyone else if you do it all your self.

Sorry MD

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hi there i am a teacher looking to apply for permanent residency in Australia.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Has anyone completed the forms themselves are they straight forward?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Do they really need an agent??[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > The skills assessment forms look very straight forward[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > please help??[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]

Old Jan 16th 2002, 8:38 am
cb
Just Joined

cb has a spectacular aura aboutcb has a spectacular aura aboutcb has a spectacular aura about

I would recommend if:

- Your Application is fairly certain
- You have the time

that you go it alone

Otherwise use an agent.
Old Jan 16th 2002, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Tambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant future
Default Kate

Thanks for the advice please mail me at [email protected]