Gneral Info request about moving states

Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:10 am
Mrs Angry!

debbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud of
Default Gneral Info request about moving states

Hi all

Im on a 475 and have been in South Australia for 18months and have done my 12 month work here.

I have been offered a job in QLD and want to move. Immigration have told me that I can move as long as I live in a low populated area but now looking at my passport it states states sponsprhip SA

So my question is, whats happens when they want to see my visa and it states SA sponsorpship?
Dont want to move and then it all falls apart.

Any help is welcome...thank you
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gneral Info request about moving states

Tell them what immigration told you, you can work in any low population / regional area on your visa. Is the job in QLD in a regional area?
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:55 am
Mrs Angry!

debbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Tell them what immigration told you, you can work in any low population / regional area on your visa. Is the job in QLD in a regional area?
The job is in Brisbane CBD but immigration only stressed taht we have to live in a low populated area...Im worried now

Thanks for getting abck to me so quickly...I have sent Immigration an email and will ring them tomorrow
Old Apr 18th 2010, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbie222
The job is in Brisbane CBD but immigration only stressed taht we have to live in a low populated area...Im worried now

Thanks for getting abck to me so quickly...I have sent Immigration an email and will ring them tomorrow
My understanding is that you cannot live / work in Brisbane CBD, as they have told you and as you can see from www.immi.gov.au you must reside in a regional area for two years in order to progress to PR from the 475 visa.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

uppalpankaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: General Info request about moving states

You have to complete the condition on your 475 visa which are:

1. You must work minimum for a period of one year in the regional area of the state which granted you SS.
2. You must reside for two years in the regional area of the state.

After the completion of the two year period you can apply for a PR visa.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 9:33 pm
Mrs Angry!

Default Re: General Info request about moving states

Originally Posted by uppalpankaj
You have to complete the condition on your 475 visa which are:

1. You must work minimum for a period of one year in the regional area of the state which granted you SS.
2. You must reside for two years in the regional area of the state.

After the completion of the two year period you can apply for a PR visa.
Thanks for your help and I was aware of this when I applied for the visa.

I have asked to move state for personal reasons and they have agreed I can. I think the best thing is to just ring them and clarify the working side of things with them.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 8:48 am
Mrs Angry!

Heard back today

I can moved to Queensland but still have to work and live in the low popoluated areas.

I thought that since I have completed my 12months in employment here, I might be able to gain employment in Brisbane CBD.

I suppose I will just have to stick it out for another 6 months and then apply for my 887 and tell my employer that I cannot take the job...gutted