given the go ahead for medicals

Old May 17th 2007, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

scolau07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default given the go ahead for medicals

hi
We are thinking of going to Huddersfield for our medicals.
We are a family of two adults and two children aged 13 and 10 and we live in Accrington near Blackburn.
Has anyone else been there?
Is it any good or would you reccomend somewhere else?

All advice welcome
Carol
Old May 17th 2007, 3:33 pm
chippy

premkit is a jewel in the roughpremkit is a jewel in the roughpremkit is a jewel in the roughpremkit is a jewel in the roughpremkit is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: given the go ahead for medicals

we went to manchester, medical and x ray in the same building. can park right outside the door. Dr Smith and Millon, very good with the kids. £620.
2 adults 2 kids ( no tatoo`s )

spent the day searching on BE that will be invaluable.

ray
Old May 17th 2007, 3:48 pm
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Carol.
We went to Huddersfield...The Lindley Group Practice which i suspect thats where you re talking about.
Its a husband and wife practice and they are both lovely.
There were 4 of us and the lady did mine and my dauhters medicals and the man did my husband and sons at the same time so it took half the time.
Went to HRI immediately before for chest x-rays which is right next door to the GPs.Little tip....park in the GPs and walk round to HRI as the parking is free.The receptionist told me to do this so its ok!
A lady (cant remember her name) at the GPs deals only in the migrating medicals so she sred hot and will give you all the advise you need.Dont be scared to ask her.
They usually organise your x-rays about an hour before your medical so you re not hanging about too much.Its all well organised and i remember feeling a bit like a celebrity as we seemed to be dealt with as soon as we d arrived.I suppose its like being a private patient as you are paying them a lot of money for their services.
The 4 of us all in cost 571 pounds although my 10 year old didnt need an x-ray or blood tests.I needed extra ones cos i work in the NHS.
I wouldnt hesitate to go there again...not that we need to!
Anything else you need to know just ask.
Janice
Old May 17th 2007, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of

do you have a tel number for this practice

thanks

sarah
Old May 17th 2007, 8:22 pm
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

Yep.... its called The Lindley Group Practice in Lindley Huddersfield.
Its right next to the Huddersfield Royal Infirmary.
You need to ring 01484 342190 and ask to speak to Enid (remembered!).
Quick breakdown of prices are:
Adult medical 100 pound
Child medical 55 pound
Any extra blood tests for healthcare workers or if you have piercings 15 pound each.
Chest x-rays 56 pounds each(for 11 year olds plus)These need to be booked at HRI (01484 342186) or BUPA (01422 324000)-i think this is in Elland.
All of these are then posted off by Enid and it costs 18 pounds.
Our x-rays were at 10am and our medicals at 11 30am.We were out by 12 30.
The whole lot came to 571 pounds(4 of us).
Very relaxed and straight forward.
Janice
Old May 18th 2007, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of

Many thanks Janice.

Sarah