Getting state sponsorship

Old Jan 30th 2009, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

ubdai will become famous soon enoughubdai will become famous soon enough
Question Getting state sponsorship

If I was to have a little holiday down to Oz and whilst there go around to the state government and lodge an application for sponsorship. Would this in any circumvent the problem I have with vetassess.

As I was there they could see my CV and work history and also see examples of my finished product.

Off course I know I would have to leave the country, but hey thats a small problem if I was to be successful and get sponsorship.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 4:33 pm
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Getting state sponsorship

Originally Posted by ubdai
If I was to have a little holiday down to Oz and whilst there go around to the state government and lodge an application for sponsorship. Would this in any circumvent the problem I have with vetassess.

As I was there they could see my CV and work history and also see examples of my finished product.

Off course I know I would have to leave the country, but hey thats a small problem if I was to be successful and get sponsorship.
Hi there, we applied to NSW and in order to get the state sponsorship we had to prove that my OH had the right skill and that meant being approved by the skills body (in his case TRA), CV etc was not enough. Plus having the state sponsorship is only one part of the visa application process, you still have to get enought points to apply for the visa and that means having the right skill and to prove that you need to have the approval of the skills body such as TRA or Vetasess. Please be clear, this is just my understanding of the process and of course I may be wrong, am pretty sure tho that you won't get far by going over there with your CV & hoping for a different outcome in your quest for state sponsorship.
Best of luck, hope you find a way soon.
Pam
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Shellycoat is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know more on State Sponsorship? This seems to be a very gray area. One hand they want you, and the other the gov want to stop you at every corner, only saying what I have found on the net so far. As I'am in Scotland for now, thinking of applying for some form of sponsorship in the next couple of months.

Old Jan 30th 2009, 8:43 pm
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Shellycoat
Does anyone know more on State Sponsorship? This seems to be a very gray area. One hand they want you, and the other the gov want to stop you at every corner, only saying what I have found on the net so far. As I'am in Scotland for now, thinking of applying for some form of sponsorship in the next couple of months.

Hi there, have you been to the government site? There are a couple of types of state sponsored visa, you can do the wizard and find which might suit you:
http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/
There is lots of info on the immi.gov site which will also lead you to info on different states and their own requirements for sponsorship.
I don't think the government wants to stop people at every turn, just they want people with the skills they think the country needs...but in my own experience it's true to say it's not a quick process and requires a lot of reading and patience particularly if you're applying independently i.e. without a migration agent.
Good luck!
Pam