Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Getting onshore before PR ; Any problem? Agents?

Getting onshore before PR ; Any problem? Agents?

Old Feb 24th 2006, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Getting onshore before PR ; Any problem? Agents?

Hi friends,
Just wondering if I get onshore (on WHV) for the next 9 months should it affect my PR 136 application? (lodged 2 months ago).
Old Feb 24th 2006, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

WESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Getting onshore before PR ; Any problem? Agents?

Originally Posted by Barbitana
Hi friends,
Just wondering if I get onshore (on WHV) for the next 9 months should it affect my PR 136 application? (lodged 2 months ago).
You must be offshore when the 136 is granted and you must let DIMA know if you cahnge your residential address for 14 consecutive days or more during the processing of the 136. must = MUST.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Getting onshore before PR ; Any problem? Agents?

Dear WESTLY,
Thanks for replying.
Does it mean I CAN NOT use WHV to get there sooner OR I should just leave the country to get the sticker?
Thanks,

Originally Posted by WESTLY
You must be offshore when the 136 is granted and you must let DIMA know if you cahnge your residential address for 14 consecutive days or more during the processing of the 136. must = MUST.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 9:57 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting onshore before PR ; Any problem? Agents?

Originally Posted by Barbitana
Dear WESTLY,
Thanks for replying.
Does it mean I CAN NOT use WHV to get there sooner OR I should just leave the country to get the sticker?
Thanks,
Dear Barbi T,

Yes of course you can use a WHV to get here earlier, you just have to go offshore for 5-8 days to have the visa grant done and the label inserted.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Feb 25th 2006, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Question Re: Getting onshore before PR ; Any problem? Agents?

Mr.George,
Thanks a lot for useful hint.
-So, I have not to modify anything with my file or type of application?!
-Should I expect any problem with my work experience?! as I am gonna resign and leave the company head for OZ on WHV.

(As far as I can guess this should not get it affected becuase my 136 app narrates my past not present!- but still nervous as I would not be able to show up in employer checking day)

Any hint is highly appreciated, thanks again.

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Dear Barbi T,

Yes of course you can use a WHV to get here earlier, you just have to go offshore for 5-8 days to have the visa grant done and the label inserted.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au