Getting a job in Oz radio

Old Apr 18th 2002, 8:30 pm
Jason Beck

Default Getting a job in Oz radio

Hi!

I'm looking to work in radio journalism in Sydney, Australia. I have contacts but
what I want to know is what sort of visa do I need? I don't want to emigrate
permanently but would I be allowed to work over there for a year or so?

I've read that I will probably have to be "sponsored" by a business, what does
this mean?

I've discovered gomatilda.com - does anyone have any experience of this company and
are they worth approaching?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jason, UK.

Old Apr 19th 2002, 10:05 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting a job in Oz radio

Hi Jason,

I can thelp you much, but I emailed Alan Collett who is the contact for Go Matilda and he telephoned me from Australia to discuss my requirements....very helpful chappie!!

I think that if you can get nomination fropm an employer you can go to oz on a longterm temporary visa.

To get the info to help you contact the dept of immigration and cultural affairs in oz....sorry dont know email address.
There are numerous leaflets etc that you can download free.Some application forms etc are available too but there is a fee of approx aud10.00.

Hope this helps a little

good luck

Yvonne
Old Apr 30th 2002, 7:00 pm
Jaj

Default Re: Getting a job in Oz radio

Assuming you're British, why not consider a working holiday visa? You can go to Aus
for a year and spend up to 3 months in any one job.

If you find an employer who likes you he could sponsor you for a longer term
temporary visa allowing you to work full time.

Jeremy

>On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:09:32 +0100, "Jason Beck" <[email protected]> wrote:

>
    >Hi!
    >
    >I'm looking to work in radio journalism in Sydney, Australia. I have contacts but
    >what I want to know is what sort of visa do I need? I don't want to emigrate
    >permanently but would I be allowed to work over there for a year or so?
    >
    >I've read that I will probably have to be "sponsored" by a business, what does
    >this mean?
    >
    >I've discovered gomatilda.com - does anyone have any experience of this company and
    >are they worth approaching?
    >
    >Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    >Jason, UK.