Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

getting the blood pressure down for meds-no caffiene worked for me

getting the blood pressure down for meds-no caffiene worked for me

Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Smile getting the blood pressure down for meds-no caffeine worked for me

Hi

Was dreading my meds as my blood pressure hasn't been below 150/90 for years. Had been to GP who was reluctant to medicate so did lyfestyle stuff- cut down on the booze, stopped taking the pill, did more excercise etc. None really made a difference.

But I stopped the caffeine last week (only drank 5-7 cups of tea a day no coke rarely coffee) well after the 5 day headache had finally gone (the withdrawal was horrid) my blood pressure is now 137/85!!!!!!

Will never go back to the caffeine, I know it doesn't work for all and I really didn't think I was drinking that much but it obviously had a real affect on me.

The added bonus now is that I do feel calmer and the family say I am much happier and less snappy.

Might be worth a try

Rammygirl

Last edited by rammygirl; Apr 11th 2006 at 12:52 pm.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: getting the blood pressure down for meds-no caffiene worked for me

[QUOTE=rammygirl]Hi

I will second this one, the no caffine worked for me as well.
ALthough I do have 2 cups of tea when I get up , that's it for the day.
angela
Old Apr 11th 2006, 1:45 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: getting the blood pressure down for meds-no caffeine worked for me

Originally Posted by rammygirl
Hi

Was dreading my meds as my blood pressure hasn't been below 150/90 for years. Had been to GP who was reluctant to medicate so did lyfestyle stuff- cut down on the booze, stopped taking the pill, did more excercise etc. None really made a difference.

But I stopped the caffeine last week (only drank 5-7 cups of tea a day no coke rarely coffee) well after the 5 day headache had finally gone (the withdrawal was horrid) my blood pressure is now 137/85!!!!!!

Will never go back to the caffeine, I know it doesn't work for all and I really didn't think I was drinking that much but it obviously had a real affect on me.

The added bonus now is that I do feel calmer and the family say I am much happier and less snappy.

Might be worth a try

Rammygirl

If you got headaches when you stopped.....you were obviously drinking too much.

G
Old Apr 11th 2006, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: getting the blood pressure down for meds-no caffeine worked for me

Hi

Might be worth a try

Rammygirl

Hi

This worked for me as well blood pressure 170/99 before stopped drinking caffine it is now down to 128/73. I cannot believe it I have always suffered with high blood pressure. Doctor wanted me to go on tablets but I convinced her I could get it down myself and I have. Just goes to show. I will not drink caffine again (mind you I was drinking 12-15 cups a day)

Good luck to all

Sunshine23
Old Apr 11th 2006, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Angela Marie]
Hi

I will second this one, the no caffine worked for me as well.
ALthough I do have 2 cups of tea when I get up , that's it for the day.
angela
I'll third that. I have had high blood pressure all my life, no particular cause ever found I'm not overweight, don't smoke, occasional drink (?!). My doctor put it down as hereditary. I had my meds yesterday and decided to drink decaff tea and coffee for only 3 days before and at the meds my BP was 130/87 and it's NEVER been that low. Coincidence or not I don't know but I'm keeping off the caffeine from now on in.
Sue
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:48 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Bookie]
Originally Posted by Angela Marie
I'll third that. I have had high blood pressure all my life, no particular cause ever found I'm not overweight, don't smoke, occasional drink (?!). My doctor put it down as hereditary. I had my meds yesterday and decided to drink decaff tea and coffee for only 3 days before and at the meds my BP was 130/87 and it's NEVER been that low. Coincidence or not I don't know but I'm keeping off the caffeine from now on in.
Sue
Hope it does work I've cut out coffee, booze and salt since our meds last week cos my bp was high and the doc detected a faint murmur so I have to go for an ECG tomorrow and see a cardiologist!!!!!!!!!!!!!The cost has put my bloody bp up again (£425 for 10 minutes) but if it gets us that visa it will be worth it. She did say it may be white coat syndrome but its an expensive way to find out.

Loz x