German Police Checks

Old Aug 7th 2009, 10:08 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default German Police Checks

My OH has lived in Germany in the last ten years, once he's sent off for his police checks, how quickly will they be done? Anyone any experience of this!? Also I've read they'll need to be translated, will this be a long process or be done quite quickly? Anyone aware of any translators or how to go about finding one, we're in Northern Ireland...
Old Aug 8th 2009, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

lkh1980 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: German Police Checks

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
My OH has lived in Germany in the last ten years, once he's sent off for his police checks, how quickly will they be done? Anyone any experience of this!? Also I've read they'll need to be translated, will this be a long process or be done quite quickly? Anyone aware of any translators or how to go about finding one, we're in Northern Ireland...

1-2 months roughly, with consistent push, I did once for german police clearance
Old Aug 8th 2009, 8:05 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lkh1980
1-2 months roughly, with consistent push, I did once for german police clearance
Great, ta
Old Aug 8th 2009, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

torque_tester is an unknown quantity at this point

Great, ta
hi jen,

we did german police checks prior to applying, i have a blank hard copy of the form. the fee for the check is €13 per person preferably by cheque. i can send a fax or scan of the form to you if you like.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 3:06 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by torque_tester
hi jen,

we did german police checks prior to applying, i have a blank hard copy of the form. the fee for the check is €13 per person preferably by cheque. i can send a fax or scan of the form to you if you like.
If you could scan it that'd be fab! I'll PM you my email addy....
Old Aug 9th 2009, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Matrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the rough

Hi Jenni,
there's even an English pdf document online available:

http://www.bundesjustizamt.de/cln_09...ag_eng_pdf.pdf
Old Aug 9th 2009, 10:03 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Matrisha
Hi Jenni,
there's even an English pdf document online available:

http://www.bundesjustizamt.de/cln_09...ag_eng_pdf.pdf
Great, thanks
Old Aug 10th 2009, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

torque_tester is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

i have uploaded the German Police Check form. use the link below to download.

German Police Check Form
Old Aug 10th 2009, 6:18 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by torque_tester
Hi All

i have uploaded the German Police Check form. use the link below to download.

German Police Check Form
Great stuff! Thanks TT
Old Aug 11th 2009, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

punoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to all

Applied for the PCC here in Germany last month...it takes 3-4 weeks. We uploaded it in German and did not get it translated as CO's have the original forms.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

scrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nice

Also I've read they'll need to be translated, will this be a long process or be done quite quickly? Anyone aware of any translators or how to go about finding one, we're in Northern Ireland...
Most translation companies will let you simply scan in the doc and they'll email you back the translation. You can then save the doc and attach it to your application. I recently had an Indonesian Police Cert done done by a NAATI translator in Australia and it cost €70 and was done in about 2 days. Try the ALC in DCU or other Universities that have Translation Services? The company I used were these ones: http://www.ctc4.com/
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:17 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lkh1980
rubbish....only if you are VERY VERY unlucky....usually they take less than 2 weeks.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

punoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to all

Okay I confirm if you get the usual PCC that everything is good and you have no records...you dont need to translate the certificate. We sent our German PCC without the translation in June and got the grant! No one asked for the translation.